Reinstalling a MODX Post-Move

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Reinstalling a MODX Post-Move

Post by Oyabun1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Noah Ivaldi wrote:Considering the fact that I don't know what one is, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the negative.
Don't guess, find out. If you can't see a control for it in your host's control panel then ask them.
Noah Ivaldi wrote:I used STK to completely wipe my board of modules and all traces of them again just to be extra-sure.
I didn't mention removing modules.

Back to basics, a phpBB board comprises basically three components: PHP files that do the data processing, style files (HTML, images, CSS) that handle the display of the data, and the database that handles the storage of the data. MODs will make changes to one or more of those components.

Cleaning the database with with the STK WILL NOT remove files or file changes. AutoMOD should remove the file changes, but it doesn't always remove them all, particularly if it reports errors. So, as you've been told, you need to check the files to make sure that any changes from uninstalled MODs have been removed.

Information on manually installing a MOD is here, [Tutorial] How to install a MODX modification. Basically, you need to work through the MODs install.xml file in reverse and make sure none of the changes remain.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Oyabun1 wrote:
Noah Ivaldi wrote:Considering the fact that I don't know what one is, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the negative.
Don't guess, find out. If you can't see a control for it in your host's control panel then ask them.
A browser accelerator is part of the user's webbrowser, not the server.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 am

Brf wrote:
Oyabun1 wrote:
A browser accelerator is part of the user's webbrowser, not the server.
Sorry, thought you meant a web accelerator like CACHEbox.
                      Support Request Template

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:47 am

I think the best thing to do would be to upload a whole new set of files except for the install folder and the config.php file, to a new folder.
copy your existing config.php over to the new folder.
test from this board and see what happens. If you get the same problem then it is probably going to be something wrong with your browser and/or computer.

thte problem is that this is most likely not something that phpbb is doing.
it certainly shouldn't be doing it. there is nothing in phpbb that would cause this problem by default.

therefore, if it is phpbb then it is going to be something you have changed to make it happen.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Noah Ivaldi

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 am

Level up! Guessing capability plus one!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2168619
That's exactly what I had guessed, but Oyabun said that I should try it with the /install directory just to use the database checker. I did install it as 3.0.11, though, so I guess that it really is unnecessary.
Do I also scrap the web.config file, or copy that, too?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 am

Noah Ivaldi wrote:Level up! Guessing capability plus one!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2168619
That's exactly what I had guessed, but Oyabun said that I should try it with the /install directory just to use the database checker. I did install it as 3.0.11, though, so I guess that it really is unnecessary.
Do I also scrap the web.config file, or copy that, too?
just ignore that file. only do what I said, nothing less, nothing more.

luck,
robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:05 am

Since this has been carried on here, Connection Error?, closing this. It's against policy and a bit pointless to have two topics running about the same issue. And it's not really an AutoMOD issue.
                      Support Request Template

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”