AutoMOD returns zipfile of mod files/folders after install

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
image45
Name: Robert

AutoMOD returns zipfile of mod files/folders after install

Post by image45 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:26 pm

I am suddenly having an issue with Automod.

I ran a mod early tonight and the mod claimed to install ok, however the files did not get to there correct file locations plus a zipfile of the mod files and folders then appeared via the web browser.

I tried to install the blinking PM mod next to check on AUTOMOD again, however this time the New Files returned a status of ERROR.

Any thoughs at all please?

I have 8 mods installed and running ok and had no issues with Automod until this week. I am using Auto mod version: 1.0.0.1

The folder and file Permissions are set correct and my UMIL version is upto date.

Thanks Robert

tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Re: AutoMOD returns zipfile of mod files/folders after insta

Post by tumba25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Your UMIL version don't matter. Every MOD that needs it ships with it, and it will be overwritten each time.

Please try the latest AutoMOD version and see if you still get the same error.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

image45

Post by image45 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:48 pm

tumba25 wrote:Your UMIL version don't matter. Every MOD that needs it ships with it, and it will be overwritten each time.

Please try the latest AutoMOD version and see if you still get the same error.

I was thinking of doing that, however I read some post that claimed to have other issues on the back of changing to the latest version of AutoMOD.
randomessence wrote:if you update version 1.0.0.1 to 1.0.1 by copying over the files to root, overwriting them and then visiting the /install directory and updating the database Automod breaks hard.
Is this ok now for the current release of AutoMOD: 1.0.2.

tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 pm

I have tested to update both 1.0.0.1 > 1.0.1 and 1.0.0.1 > 1.0.2. Had no errors. But to be on the safe side, always backup your files and database before updating anything or installing a MOD.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 pm

image45 wrote:I ran a mod early tonight and the mod claimed to install ok, however the files did not get to there correct file locations plus a zipfile of the mod files and folders then appeared via the web browser.
Check ACP > AUTOMOD > AutoMOD Configuration > Write Method if it's Compressed file download then that is why you were presented with a zip file. You just need to download the zip package, unzip it, upload the contained files/folders to the root of your board installation, then run the install file if any, and follow any DIY instructions in the install instructions.

If your host permits direct writing of the files then change the write method to Direct.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

image45

Post by image45 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Oyabun1 wrote:If your host permits direct writing of the files then change the write method to Direct.
I have my write method set to direct, however thank you for the possible sollution with the issue.

image45

Post by image45 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm

tumba25 wrote:I have tested to update both 1.0.0.1 > 1.0.1 and 1.0.0.1 > 1.0.2. Had no errors. But to be on the safe side, always backup your files and database before updating anything or installing a MOD.
Will do then, thanks once again.

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”