Automod reported successful installation but no changes made

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
Diego898

Automod reported successful installation but no changes made

Post by Diego898 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Hello,

I'm running phpbb 3.0.11 on a debian squeeze server and I've installed the latest automod. I then uploaded this mod and went to install. It gave me a warning about the mod only being for 3.0.10 but I proceeded anyway. It then said it succeded, and showed me the instructions below and gave a me a link saying click here to finish the installation. The instructions:
Log on to Administration Control Panel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A) Database update:
1) Once all the files have been modified and uploaded to your site you should point your browser at this location with the addition of /aos_tag_user_bbcode_install.php
2) Follow the instructions.
3) You should remove/rename the install file (aos_tag_user_bbcode_install.php) from your server.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B) Add New BBCode:
1) ACP >> Posting >> BBCode
2) Add new BBCode
2.1) BBCode usage
[tag]{TEXT}[/tag]
2.2) HTML replacement
<!-- ATUB -->@{TEXT}<!-- ATUB -->
2.3) Help line
Tag User BBcode MOD [tag]username[/tag]
2.4) Settings
Display on posting page: Check
C) Enjoy it !.
The link it gave me was to the file: myurl.com/phpbb/aos_tag_user_bbcode_install.php but when I clicked there it took me to the not found on your server page. I then went in and looked and indeed this file was not located in the root folder of my phpbb install, and none of the files included in the zip where in their proper place. I also went through the install.xml file and none of the changes listed there were actually performed on my files. So Im very confused why automod said everything was ok? What did I do wrong?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Automod reported successful installation but no changes

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:03 am

try a different MOD that has been validated and released to see if it is a problem with that MOD.

it is only in RC status so it may not work in automod yet.

or, simply install it manually and be done with it.

your automod configuration may not be set up properly for your server.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Diego898

Post by Diego898 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 am

well after installing automod, it reported everything as successful so I assumed it was installed correctly.

I tried to install the Advanced BBCode Box 3 MOD which works with 3.0.11 (my version) and according to automod everything went great! Everything was a complete success! See both screen shots below. However, none of the mods files exist in my root directory, none of the files automod claims to have changed have actually been changed, and clicking the link automod tells me to click takes me to a "not found" page. What exactly could be the problem?

Images not embedding correctly so direct link:
img1 : http://i.imgur.com/mnaNC.png
img2: http://i.imgur.com/guRcG.png

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 am

It is likely that permission settings on your server are preventing AutoMOD from directly writing to the files. Check the permissions on files and folders, in particular, /store/mods, (phpBB3 Chmod Permissions).

Check inside the folder for a MOD in the /store/mods folder if there are files created in the _edited folder (there should be).

Also, what is the Write method in ACP > AUTOMOD > AutoMOD configuration?
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”