problems installing wp-united phpbb mod

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
AstridOHara

problems installing wp-united phpbb mod

Post by AstridOHara » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:39 am

please help. i just created my first website. i want to integrate phpbb with wordpress. i already downloaded the mod but i don't know where to put it. it says that i need to upload it to my website. how and where on my website?

prototech
Former Team Member

Re: problems installing wp-united phpbb mod

Post by prototech » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:40 am

The MOD should have a "read me" file which provides some basic instructions on how to install it. We only provide assistance with setting up AutoMOD here. Support for a specific MOD needs to be sought wherever you downloaded it. In this case I believe that you're using WP-United which has a support board on their site.

Assuming that you already have AutoMOD installed, you would upload the unzipped MOD files to your phpBB board's store/mods/ directory. Then go to the AutoMOD tab in the administration control panel and the MOD should be listed under the Uninstalled MODs section.

If you have any further questions take a look at the AutoMOD FAQ first.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

by.ke

Post by by.ke » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 am

hi, just wondering...
i too installed automod with the intentions of using the wp-united phpbb mod. everything seemed to be working fine. i uploaded the zipped file and got the green bar stating mod uploaded and redirected back to the automod install page but the mod doesn't appear in the list of downloaded mods. had a look at some other peoples videos on youtube and when the mod is uploaded they see it listed in automod with the option to install it. i just see 'no installed mods detected'. i had a look in the store/mods folder and there is a wp-united file in there so it did upload. when i point my browser at the store/mods folder i dont have 'permission to access folder'...was thinking i could unpack the installation somehow but i dont know what i'm doing so...newbie etc..
any guidance would be very much appreciated

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:33 pm

by.ke wrote:hi, just wondering...
i too installed automod with the intentions of using the wp-united phpbb mod. everything seemed to be working fine. i uploaded the zipped file and got the green bar stating mod uploaded and redirected back to the automod install page but the mod doesn't appear in the list of downloaded mods. had a look at some other peoples videos on youtube and when the mod is uploaded they see it listed in automod with the option to install it. i just see 'no installed mods detected'. i had a look in the store/mods folder and there is a wp-united file in there so it did upload. when i point my browser at the store/mods folder i dont have 'permission to access folder'...was thinking i could unpack the installation somehow but i dont know what i'm doing so...newbie etc..
any guidance would be very much appreciated
you may need to set your file permissions correctly.
phpBB3 Chmod Permissions

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”