AutoMOD Question

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
Mongbean

AutoMOD Question

Post by Mongbean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:06 am

I have uploaded automod and it's working fine.

I uploaded "thanks for post" and "mchat" and installed them both.
When installing automod i selected to not do it directly but as a zip. It said that it would attempt to open the file when uploaded and it did for both.

Next step was to click on needed page that both mods required to install both the mods and both gave me the 404 error.

I have searched and searched and I am unable to see what I am doing wrong.

I opened the zipped mod and installed into the file/mods folder through filezilla and again that has no impact.

Should I be using direct or compressed or does it matter?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: AutoMOD Question

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:51 am

not sure what step you are at with installing a MOD.

even though the option is there to upload the zip file, it is not normally the best policy. many servers do not allow this or are not setup to do it correctly.

best thing is to unzip the MOD on your computer. use ftp to upload the included folder to the store/mods/ directory on your server.

then, in the admin panel/ automod tab, click the install link for that MOD.

follow instructions and it should be done in just a couple of minutes.

robert
I am going to be out of town and off line for a week . see ya when I get back.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Mongbean

Post by Mongbean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:01 am

Thank you robert!!!! I really mean that.

I have not tried that yet and I was sure I was missing a critical step.

Just a quick question. When I try to uninstall the mod on automod it flashes a bunch of warnings at me saying that I will have to manually correct any changes the mod has done.

Do you think if I uninstall the mods the re try the forum will function normally?

Mongbean

Post by Mongbean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 am

And are you saying that If I transfer the unzipped file into the file/mods folder it will automatically show up in automods? or are you saying to upload the zipped file but before installing it go back to filezilla and install the unzipped mod in the file/mods folder?

Sorry...you can tell I am new.

Mongbean

Post by Mongbean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:06 am

And also to clarify with you my steps,

I down load the mod, then I go to the ACP and go to Automod. I then upload the zipped file and then install it.

It says mod successfully installed but is required to run the installer fuction that's within the mod and will direct me to another window. I click ok and it takes me to the web page with the 404 msg.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:08 am

I am saying that you unzip the file on your computer then you use ftp to upload the resultant folder with all the MOD files in it, to your store/mods folder on the server.

then, if you have done this correctly, it will show up in automod as a MOD that has not been installed yet.

then you will click the link that says "install" and follow the on screen instructions.

as for uninstalling a MOD, they rarely uninstall correctly unless you do them all in reverse order of when you installed them.
it can not uninstall one out of order if it affected the same files because it will simply replace the backups it makes and that will screw up the other MODs.

best way to uninstall is to do it manually following the instructions in the install xml file that comes with the MOD.

show us the page where you get that error message. a link to the page will be good.

robert
I am going to be out of town and off line for a week . see ya when I get back.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Mongbean

Post by Mongbean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:31 am

ok will do, thank you.

Mongbean

Post by Mongbean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:34 am

When i try to reverse the download it says the mod is not fully installed and none of the files can be found.

Also the list of alterations done also can't be found.

Mongbean

Post by Mongbean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:52 am

ok, it worked this time, however it threw up this error.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 3293: file(./styles/skymiles/imageset/imageset.cfg) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 3296: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Thoughts?

Mongbean

Post by Mongbean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:13 am

I have sent an email to the creator with the error...

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”