Troubles uninstalling a mod

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
tilde

Troubles uninstalling a mod

Post by tilde » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:58 am

Hello, I am trying to uninstall the mod Referral MOD With Contests so that I can attempt a manual install but it starts to glitch out and it doesn't actually uninstall it when I try.

The question that I have is: is there a way to uninstall a mod with/without AutoMOD or undo the changes that it has made? Thanks in advanced

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Troubles uninstalling a mod

Post by KevC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 am

Every MOD comes with an install.xml file which you can open in your browser. That contains a list of all the changes. You could go through and either undo them or work your way through to see what has and hasn't been put in the right place.

Also, if you have no other MODs, you can just upload new files to replace the modded ones (as listed in the install.xml) and then open the cache folder on the server and delete everything except index.htm and .htaccess (if you can see it).
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

tilde

Re: Troubles uninstalling a mod

Post by tilde » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 am

The first suggestion seemed to work, I should have thought of that. Thank you very much. ^_^

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”