[REQUEST] Dark/Layout Theme for phpBB_cms (please read)

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
m0nk

[REQUEST] Dark/Layout Theme for phpBB_cms (please read)

Post by m0nk »

Hello. I recently started a clan with a friend of mine for Natural-Selection. For those who don't know what it is, it is a Half-Life mod which can be found here http://www.natural-selection.org. Anyways another friend of mine introduced me to phpbb_cms and we went through hundreds of dark themes trying to find the perfect one. We couldn't find anything that would nicely suit phpbb_cms. We are looking for a dark, maybe silverish theme with a layout style. Please help us.

P.S. YES we have tried just about every dark theme

Thanks for reading.
Outofmymindyo
Former Team Member

Post by Outofmymindyo »

What is phpbb_cms?
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Well I don't exactly know how to explain it but it sort of turns phpbb into a portal and into a website. www.kohl-net.de
Outofmymindyo
Former Team Member

Post by Outofmymindyo »

I would say that they are going to have to make a template for you seeing as their system isn't just phpBB. If you were using something like MX-System or ezPortal then someone could make a template simply because those portal systems use the already existing template code to get their design.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

phpbb_cms does use the style's template to get the design but its just the way it is formatted.
Dalgar

Post by Dalgar »

with a little sweat and elbow grease, you can make any theme look pretty nice with it 8)

m0nk, check out Solaris
The Early Bird May Get The Worm But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.
Kassanova

Post by Kassanova »

Where can I get phpbb_cms?
http://www.kombatzone.com

MY INCREDIBLE HOST::LOLHOST
$19.99 yr w/domain/25g Band/50mg sp
http://www.lolhosting.com
Tell em Kass Sent you
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Dalgar wrote: with a little sweat and elbow grease, you can make any theme look pretty nice with it 8)

m0nk, check out Solaris

i like solaris, but i don't know anything about php, html, or any coding really to edit my theme. thats why i ask so many questions on kohl-net. also i have no idea how solaris would look with a plain black backround and i wish the buttons were bigger and put into sort of a side menu.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

so would anyone mind trying this? we need a decent theme despritley. maybe i can give sort of blue prints of what i have in mind?
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

bump :?
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

I guess you can't make everyone happy and I agree, there's a lack of organic, goth and dark templates. However making a template takes 20 hours, at least! If you develop a free template you try to make it generic enough to appeal to a relatively wide audience.

Since you know what you want I think you should try making it yourself. It's not as hard as some people believe. You just need a pretty good idea of what you want, a good sense of color and shapes (which can be learnt ... you should see my first website! :grin:) and start experimenting. I recommend using Fireworks for graphics. I guess Photoshop also works but I've always prefered FW.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

the problem is i have no knowledge of coding once so ever. not even simple html i have no idea of. thats why i was hoping someone was kind of enough to make an attempt for me and my clan because none of us have such knowledge for this. trust me if i knew it i wouldnt be asking anyone right now and i would love to do it myself.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

well this is my last chance to try and bump this :cry: hopefully someone is kind enough to try it
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

well... thanks for the help :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”