[help] editing issues

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Ev!L ErN!E

[help] editing issues

Post by Ev!L ErN!E »

Ok I'm trying to totally customize my forum templates and I need to know how to do a few things. I could use some help.

One thing I wanna do is make the links at the top of the forum (i.e. search, login, memberlist, faq, etc.) go side by side, repostion them so that there right under my forum header, so it looks better. How do I do this? What do I edit and how?

Another thing I wanna do is change the sizes of the forum images (i.e. folder.gif, Folder_lock.gif, folder_big.gif, folder_locked_big.gif etc.) so that they fit the images I wanna make for them, the ones i wanna make have to be alittle bit bigger than they are now. How do I do this? What do I edit and how?

I am using a subsilver template that I redid to match my website.
You can see my forum here--> Forum

any help would be great. I want to make our forums look nice. :D

www.clanevilinc.com || Join our community!
www.deadmod.com || A HL2 zombification
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Re: [help] editing issues

Post by Arty »

Ev!L ErN!E wrote: One thing I wanna do is make the links at the top of the forum (i.e. search, login, memberlist, faq, etc.) go side by side, repostion them so that there right under my forum header, so it looks better. How do I do this? What do I edit and how?

Edit overall_header.tpl
You need to completely rebuild tables in that file. Take a look at that file from styles that have top buttons organized same way as you want it.
Ev!L ErN!E wrote: Another thing I wanna do is change the sizes of the forum images (i.e. folder.gif, Folder_lock.gif, folder_big.gif, folder_locked_big.gif etc.) so that they fit the images I wanna make for them, the ones i wanna make have to be alittle bit bigger than they are now. How do I do this? What do I edit and how?

sizes for folder_big.gif, folder_new_big.gif, folder_locked_big.gif are in index_body.tpl somewhere near {catrow.forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG}

sizes for folder.gif, etc... are in viewforum_body.tpl near {topicrow.TOPIC_FOLDER_IMG}, in modcp_body.tpl near {topicrow.TOPIC_FOLDER_IMG}, search_results_topics.tpl near {searchresults.TOPIC_FOLDER_IMG}, privmsgs_body.tpl near {listrow.PRIVMSG_FOLDER_IMG}
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”