Animated Stars

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
AMK4

Animated Stars

Post by AMK4 »

I wanted to do this just to see if it'll even come out right. So here's the first try. I took someone else's blue stars and played with them.

They're not continuous (in moving), there's a 10 second 'pause' in each.

Suggestions and/or comments are all welcome.

AMK4

russ01uk

Post by russ01uk »

cool!! i like them!!

Maybe speed them up a bit! pretty cool tho! :D

Daz

Post by Daz »

AMK4 - I like the idea, but agree with russ01uk that the 10 second gap is too long.

Well Done.

- Daz -
Please and Thank You works wonders...
I reserve the right to post illogical (and totally wrong) replies.
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

Note: ForumImages<dot>com is no longer anything to do with me.

blulegend

Post by blulegend »

What you should do is keep the 10 second gap, but make each rank's rotate at a different time. ie. the first rotation begins at less than 10 seconds for some of them and then loops to 10 seconds after that. This will add a few frames but should still be small. That way everyone's rank won't be twisting at the same time and will appear random when a topic with many different ranks of users is displayed.

AMK4

Post by AMK4 »

blulegend wrote: What you should do is keep the 10 second gap, but make each rank's rotate at a different time.

Yeah, I thought about that after the fact. I think what I'll do is shorten the 10 seconds a bit, perhaps between 5 to 7 seconds, and then try to randomize them. It would just add one more frame at the beginning.

Stay tuned.

AMK4

AMK4

Post by AMK4 »

Daz wrote: AMK4 - I like the idea, but agree with russ01uk that the 10 second gap is too long.

Thanks Daz. I didn't see much in terms of animated ranks, and seeing all the different (static) ones you made pushed me into trying to start animated ones. So, if this works well, I may start doing more and more. May as well put my Photoshop skills to work for something fun, right?

I hope you don't mind that I grabbed the first set from your collection. :?

AMK4

SK

Post by SK »

V Nice :)

Daz

Post by Daz »

AMK4 - My only terms in using my originals is that people release them to the community.

I have made a couple of animated ones myself, but more choice is good - well done.

- Daz -
Please and Thank You works wonders...
I reserve the right to post illogical (and totally wrong) replies.
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

Note: ForumImages<dot>com is no longer anything to do with me.

AMK4

Post by AMK4 »

Daz wrote: AMK4 - My only terms in using my originals is that people release them to the community.

Oh absolutely. There's no point in posting here if I didn't plan on making them publicly available. :wink:

AMK4

Iron-Monkey

Post by Iron-Monkey »

Can you add the words "Moderator" and "Administrator" to the stars?

AMK4

Post by AMK4 »

Iron-Monkey wrote: Can you add the words "Moderator" and "Administrator" to the stars?

How many stars? 5?

AMK4

blulegend

Post by blulegend »

It's they're doing the wave. 8)

AMK4

Post by AMK4 »

blulegend wrote: It's they're doing the wave. 8)

*laugh* You'll really like these then:

http://www.yeehaw.net/ranks/Stars/

Look at the second, and last sets.

AMK4

Iron-Monkey

Post by Iron-Monkey »

They are great!!!

Oh, could you lower the word "Administrator" and "Moderator" so that they would not overlap the stars? I think that it would look better that way.

AMK4

Post by AMK4 »

Iron-Monkey wrote: They are great!!!

Oh, could you lower the word "Administrator" and "Moderator" so that they would not overlap the stars? I think that it would look better that way.

I could. The problem with that is that those two images will end up slightly larger (in height) compared to all the other ones. If that's not a problem for you, sure.

(However, moving then lower means I may be able to use the same colors and not have to worry about a contrast issue with the stars themselves.)

AMK4

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”