Delete User

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
MichiganMotoX

Delete User

Post by MichiganMotoX »

I'm having trouble deleting Spam users with spaces in there user name. i.e. "Buy Sertraline Online 51"

In the User Admin control panel section "Select a User" I paste in the user name and it says "Sorry, but that user does not exist" I can search for that user using a wild card like "Buy * " and it will find the user but it still says it
doesn't exist when I try to delete the user!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks
docav

Re: Delete User

Post by docav »

i started having the same problem today but have never had the problem in the past. any help would be great. doug
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

darcie wrote: Hi and welcome,

You have posted in the 2.0.x Styles Development & Discussion forum, while deleting users has nothing to do with styling your forum. If you have posted here due to all other 2.0.x forums being closed, I must alert you that support for the phpBB2 line of forums has now ended. We are unable to provide answers to any support questions regarding these forums, other than to assist you in converting to phpBB3. You may however search here in the archived forums for similar questions, or turn to Google for unofficial sites still offering support.

If you posted here in error and need support for a 3.0.x board, or you would like to convert your 2.0.x board to the current release, please let us know and we will move your topic to the appropriate location.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
docav

Post by docav »

i would like to update my forum. i would also like to be able to delete these users. i get the this in my admin but not sure of what to do about it. doug

Your installation does not seem to be up to date. Updates are available for your version of phpBB, please visit http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php to obtain the latest version.
The latest available version is phpBB 2.0.23. You are running phpBB 2.0.22.
MichiganMotoX

Post by MichiganMotoX »

I still haven't found a way to delete spammers with spaces in their name ( i.e. Buy Cheap Zoloft 579 )

Any help here?

Thanks
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

Maybe Admin Userlist can help you out. It's very easy to install and gives a lot of tools for administering users. It won´t delete their posts though.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”