Restore Database Help Please!!!!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
clynnmax

Restore Database Help Please!!!!

Post by clynnmax »

I made a dreadful mistake pruning and desparately need help restoring the database, but when I try I get the following message:

This feature has been disabled due to security reasons, please contact the administrator if you want a backup of your forums.

Here's the kicker...I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!

Any advice??? Please????
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Re: Restore Database Help Please!!!!

Post by darcie »

Hi and welcome,

You have posted in the 2.0.x Styles Development & Discussion forum, while the subject of your post has nothing to do with styling your forum. If you have posted here due to all other 2.0.x forums being closed, I must alert you that support for the phpBB2 line of forums has now ended. We are unable to provide answers to any support questions regarding these forums, other than to assist you in converting to phpBB3. You may however search here in the archived forums for similar questions, or turn to Google for unofficial sites still offering support.

If you posted here in error and need support for a 3.0.x board, or you would like to convert your 2.0.x board to the current release, please let us know and we will move your topic to the appropriate location.

The error message you have encountered also seems to be one that might originate from a free forum host. These services typically disable the backup and restore function. For help regarding forums hosted on these types of services, you must contact the support for the host. This would be the administrator referred to by the message. If you are using a free host to provide your board, please seek support with them for all your needs rather than this site.
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
clynnmax

Re: Restore Database Help Please!!!!

Post by clynnmax »

I was afraid of that.

Thank you for replying.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”