Usernames became cAsE-sEnSiTiVe !!!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Nattawat

Usernames became cAsE-sEnSiTiVe !!!

Post by Nattawat »

I just noticed this recently that everything related to usernames are not case-sensitive. If my account username is 'Nattawat' -- logging in as 'nattawat' will not work. Was this how phpBB originally work? I'm sure I used to type a non-capitalized one and it worked before.

Moreover, when searching though forums. If I search for the author, the author's name MUST have exactly the same capitalized format as the original registered username as well.

I would like to change - so that no matter case a user is using -- 'nattawat' or 'nAtTaWaT' -- it would logged in as 'Nattawat' -- same goes for searching forums and other username-related functions as well.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

Best Regards,
Nattawat
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Re: Usernames became cAsE-sEnSiTiVe !!!

Post by darcie »

Hi there,

You have posted in the 2.0.x Styles Development & Discussion forum, while the subject of your post has nothing to do with styling your forum. If you have posted here due to all other 2.0.x forums being closed, I must alert you that support for the phpBB2 line of forums has now ended. We are unable to provide answers to any support questions regarding these forums, other than to assist you in converting to phpBB3. You may however search here in the archived forums for similar questions, or turn to Google for unofficial sites still offering support.

If you posted here in error and need support for a 3.0.x board, or you would like to convert your 2.0.x board to the current release, please let us know and we will move your topic to the appropriate location.
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”