Question on the chronical template

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Der Robe

Question on the chronical template

Post by Der Robe »

I am having problems having the chronical forum show up correctly in netscape any suggestion. It is hard to explain what it is doing but all the background is grey and the font and everything is larger and unaligned.
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
DAGTA

Post by DAGTA »

Yes, I have seen the same problem in Netscape, and sometimes in Mozilla. IE often messes up the graphics on me. Mozilla only has problems with the background images, not the font or alignment. I suggest you switch to mozilla since the Netscape 4.x browser is long dead.
www.mozilla.org <--- it's free
-DAGTA
Daz

Post by Daz »

Hi,

What DAGTA says is true, but if you provide a link to your forum it may help to reduce the problems, your WWW link isn't much use as your site is closed.

- Daz -
Please and Thank You works wonders...
I reserve the right to post illogical (and totally wrong) replies.
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

Note: ForumImages<dot>com is no longer anything to do with me.
Der Robe

Post by Der Robe »

Click the link in my signature
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
Daz

Post by Daz »

Hi,

It's not pretty!

Getting things like this to look excatly the same in Netscape is usually pretty hard (if not impossible) but changing the references to all the background images in the CSS file to absolute addresses should help;

From;

Code: Select all

images/border_background.jpg
To;

Code: Select all

http://magickingdumb.dyndns.org:8080/phpBB2/templates/Chronicles/images/border_background.jpg
- Daz -
Please and Thank You works wonders...
I reserve the right to post illogical (and totally wrong) replies.
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

Note: ForumImages<dot>com is no longer anything to do with me.
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Okay, thanks for telling me this. I'll add this to the INSTALL.txt file when I release the next version of Chronicles.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”