[Release] SoftBlue V2

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Sigma12

[Release] SoftBlue V2

Post by Sigma12 »

Classification: 12 Color

Style name: SoftBlueV2
Author: Sigma12
Style version: v2
phpBB version: 2.0.11
Description: This is a vary calm theme as I was going for a soft pastelish look. I was trying to do a *lite* skin that was pleasing to the eye and at the same time, would not blind you after extended viewing. This is the latest version of this theme with almost every template redone from scratch. The firefox right side border issue has been corrected as well. I am currently working on the graphic pack.This update also has split categories.

Download File: The 2.0 version will not be available due to browser issues (and my old school templating style.....well, to be honest was down right sloppy; but hey....this was back in 2004 lol). Currently I am in the process of re-thinking and reconstructing this skin for the latest 3.0 version. I just never really figured that this skin would be as popular as it is....thanks to all.
File Size: N/A

Screenshot: N/A
Last edited by Sigma12 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sigma12

Post by Sigma12 »

Admin/Staff Notice:
This is the correct version, the one that I just submitted to the styles database has some image path errors, but the one above has been corrected.

Enjoy the update everyone.
Gfl2

Post by Gfl2 »

Okay, I love this, please check you pms...I have the older version, but will update to this one If you think I should, I installed and am having no problems, please reply to your pm!

Thanks!
Sigma12

Post by Sigma12 »

Your best bet would be to set your board width to a fixed size like 750px (see .txt readme file included in the SoftBlueV2 .zip file.

If you set your board to that , then the size of the logo area is 698px wide by 94px high.

Hope this helps.

Answered this in your PM reply, I said 98px high but it is really 94px as stated above. :D
maiself

Post by maiself »

Very nice..

downloading it now.. Thanks man
mschema

Post by mschema »

Ok very new to this so dont mind me if this is a riduclous question. I DL this style and now I am trying to upload it under my templates do I have to upload everything or is there a certain folder I have to upload?
Sigma12

Post by Sigma12 »

No problem , that is why I enclosed this install text file inside of the zip:
Thank you for choosing to use my SoftBlueV2 skin
***********Skin created by: Sigma12***********

/-------------Install notes------------------/

To install this skin simply upload the SoftBlueV2 folder located within
this zip file inside your templates directory. Next, go to your board
and enter the Administration Panel area. Scroll down the left menu untill
you see "Styles Admin" click the "add" link.

You should now see the SoftBlueV2 skin waiting to be installed. Click
install and presto, it is finished.

Next go to "General Admin" and click on "Configuration". Here you can select
which installed skin is default.

Enjoy the skin.

The SoftBlueV2 folder that you need to upload to the templates directory is the one that contains the folders "admin" and "images" plus a plethora of template (tpl) files.......along with others.

Upload The entire SoftBlueV2 folder inside of your templates folder.

We all start somewhere, hope this helps.
mschema

Post by mschema »

Ok but where I am lost is what folder do I upload I hpe i dont have to do everything one by one.

Thank you very much for the quick reply
Sigma12

Post by Sigma12 »

After you download this file to your desktop or wherever, unzip it. There should be a folder called SoftBlueV2 and 3 text files with it.
Upload that one.
mschema

Post by mschema »

I have tried and it just opens the folder and it has all the goodies in it it wont let me upload the entire folder. LOL I feel so braindead
mschema

Post by mschema »

one more thing do I make a new folder for this template under templates or add it to subsilver or what. I appreciate all your help
Gfl2

Post by Gfl2 »

MSC

Upload this via FTP....go into your control panel, into your board name, then open the folder called templates...upload softbluev2 to there from your hard drive, it should transfer all the files on its on that are underneath it.

Go into your admin panel of the board...and install it. Make sure you only upload the folder softbluev2 that has all the other folders in it...not the main one. does that makes sense? The first time I did it, there were two softbluev2 folders that is why It wasnt reading it.

Hope that helps.
mschema

Post by mschema »

see thats my problem it wont let me upload the folder it opens the folder then wants me to upload everything seperate. Either that or I am really dense!
mschema

Post by mschema »

Gfl2 wrote: MSC

Upload this via FTP....go into your control panel, into your board name, then open the folder called templates...upload softbluev2 to there from your hard drive, it should transfer all the files on its on that are underneath it.

Go into your admin panel of the board...and install it. Make sure you only upload the folder softbluev2 that has all the other folders in it...not the main one. does that makes sense? The first time I did it, there were two softbluev2 folders that is why It wasnt reading it.

Hope that helps.

This time I uploaded the unextracted folder then extracted it in my CP but now it isnt showing up in my admin on the boards. It will come up with the template on the create sections but thats it.
IamHolly

Post by IamHolly »

Hope this isnt a bad question..

I have the original Softblue... Whats the difference between that one and this one? Im not having problems with the one Im using...

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”