[Release] SoftBlue V2

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Sigma12

Post by Sigma12 »

IamHolly wrote: Hope this isnt a bad question..

I have the original Softblue... Whats the difference between that one and this one? Im not having problems with the one Im using...

Not a bad question at all.

This newest version has corrections which eliminate the right side fading off of the screen in firefox browsers.

Alot of the default templates were not customized, in the new version, almost every template has been modified to fit the style better.

The categories have been split in this new version as well, which make them look really good.

these are just some of the enhancements. Your best bet would be to install this version and let your users decide which they like better. It will install separate from the original SoftBlue that you are using (since this one is called SoftBlueV2) so there is no problem there.

Hope this helps.
prem101

Post by prem101 »

Hi ok as u said in other post am gonna install it ...
But i have a question i have some mods installed on the old soft blue so should i install them again on this skin or just replace those files who r edited from the old skin?

:( well download is down too now will try later thanx..
Sigma12

Post by Sigma12 »

Sorry about that, the download seems to be back up now.

Yes, you will need to install all your mods in this skin, the templates are very different from the original.
4rum

Post by 4rum »

Just installed this Style. Excellent 10/10.

Request for a portal_body.tpl for smartors ezPortal please.
Would be a great help.
Sigma12

Post by Sigma12 »

Thank you very much. Let's see if this site can officially release it first :roll:
Capricorn180

background images

Post by Capricorn180 »

just a quick one, first of all, great template !!

Previous version I had a background image for the forum (gallery integrated) and all worked fine, with the V2 I seem to have parts of the forum which are see-through instead of the pale blue ... and with the gallery there's no background at all, just transparent ... (all this within the table)

Any guidance appreciated

C180
iGEL

Post by iGEL »

Hi!

Nice theme. But I liked the background image of the headlines in v1 better, this one is to complicated. So I replaced in the appropriate class the cellpic1.gif with the cellpic3.gif (in the css file) and it looks nice again. :)

Thanks!

iGEL
IamHolly

Post by IamHolly »

Igel,

Or anyone else who knows..

Can you explain what you mean by replacing the cellpic image?

I tried to replace it in the softblue CSS file and its still cut off.. I really like the V1 Soft blue better myself, but want it UNcut..

Thanks!

Holly
rousuca

Attachmod and SoftBlue

Post by rousuca »

I love this SoftBlue design, It's the best style that I have ever seen. But I got into trouble, after I installed Attachmod2311, I spent almost 5 hours from SoftBlue_V1 to SoftBlue_V2, no luck to get it work on my Forum.
Any suggestion or any help that anyone could offer, I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
jkloska

Post by jkloska »

Having had SoftBlue V1 for months now, and it's the most popular skin on the site, I am going to take your suggestion and install it alongside V1. Just HATE to go through all those mods again though to bring it up to snuff... Oh well, sounds like it's worth it, even though I've repaired the "right side problem" in V1 some time ago.

Here's the only things that make SoftBlue less than ideal IMHO:

1) No Spanish Language icons (At least I've been unable to find them.)

2) No ranks that really impart the SoftBlue experience and blend in.

Of course, I'm not much good at Graphic Editing or I would have repaired the problem(s) myself. I am hoping that some other graphically talented individual may have tackled this problem and point me to a download.

Some help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.
RickDrummer

Post by RickDrummer »

Here are russian buttons made by me: http://www.rick.ru/lang_russian.rar

Sigma12, Thanx a lot for your great work! It would be very nice if you put different language packs in the beginning of this topic.
IamHolly

Post by IamHolly »

Can someone help me????

I LIKE Softblue FIRST Version because I dont care for the Seperating columns, but I do have the cut off at the end.. IS there a way to fix this at all??
Its a grogeous skin and I am LOVING it... but would like the cut off to be not cut

Thanks
Capricorn180

Post by Capricorn180 »

Great template here :D

I'm having a problem with strange characters appearing with multiple spaces in the tpl files, I've already posted this issue in the support forum but have been searching round and it seems to be a template thing so I apologise for repeating posts ...
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=224064
and
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1488715

SubSiver works okay but for some weird reason these characters ('?' IE or 'diamonds' Firefox) appear in the template, does anyone else with this template have this issue ?

Any guidance appreciated ...

C180

Running

Phpbb 2.0.11
Fedora 3
Apache 2.0.52-3.1
php 4.3.10
mysql 3.23.58-14
Capricorn180

Post by Capricorn180 »

Had a bit of a win with this problem, and for those having a similar issue ...

It appeared to be a character-encoding issue where as
lang_main.php used an entry for iso-8859-1

the web browser was tending to read in UTF-8, when changed to iso-8859-1 the characters went away ...

So when I checked out my httpd.conf for the Apache server it also had a setting for

Code: Select all

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
I changed this to

Code: Select all

AddDefaultCharset iso-8859-1

now all seems to look right.

All other web stuff seems to work okay so I guess this is a solution ...

Hope this helps others :)

C180
nkazak

Post by nkazak »

Sigma12 The download seems to be down.
RickDrummer wrote: Here are russian buttons made by me: http://www.rick.ru/lang_russian.rar

RickDrummer, cheers for the work! Could you help with redesigning a couple of Russian buttons - the labels differ from my language pack. PM me please.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”