Are there any patriotic styles? Red White & Blue?

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
artsygal

Are there any patriotic styles? Red White & Blue?

Post by artsygal »

Rather than re-invent the wheel if I don't have to, does anyone know of any styles that are good ole all american red white n' blue? I'd like to suprise my members with a new look for the site for the weekend of the 4th of july.. and leave it there for them to keep using if they want.

Thanks!
J
action_man

Post by action_man »

I remember one quite a long time ago that casued a lot on controversy on here , the guy who made it was really obnoxious , some of the older members might remember it , probably about two years ago :D ...
action_man

Post by action_man »

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=120422

Thats the thread , i dident read it all yet ...
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

Lol, that was a funny argument, especially loved http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=120524 :)
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)
action_man

Post by action_man »

That was the highlight of 2003 on phpBB forums :D (imo) ...
simplescrapskathy

Post by simplescrapskathy »

Okay, so it wasn't the fact that the guy made a USA template, but just the post overall that caused the controversy, right?

Artsygal, I've got some great original Americana Graphics if you want to work with me, we'll make one together...what do you think?

You can see the graphics here...

http://store.scrapbook-elements.com/ind ... ts_id=3598

These say they're only for personal use, but since I created them, I guess I can use them for whatever I want, huh?

Let me know if you're interested and if you even think we can use any of that stuff in the template. All I've done so far is just edit colors and make buttons, so this will be a big undertaking for me ;) .

Kathy
artsygal

Post by artsygal »

Oh my word! I almost wish that guy was still around to try to push his $99 template on me. I'd show him a thing or two! :D

Simplescrapkathy ... thanks for the offer.. I looked at your link... but I think the look I'm going for is more modern than the older look of those images. I mean.. if something had already been made, I might have used it, but if I'm going to have to do it myself anyways, might as well make it just what I envision, right?

I do have a vague visual floating around in my head... so if nothing turns up by this weekend, I'll probably give it a shot... I'm thinking something crisp and clean in RW&B... and I'll try not to make any upside down flags! :D

Time to dig through my clip art books I guess.. I bought a rather large collection some time ago and it's been invaluable so far.

J
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

I remembered seeing this in the showoff forum at phpbbstyles.com a couple of months back.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”