Please help about " Creating Smile Packs "

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Locked
jirobkk
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 am

Please help about " Creating Smile Packs "

Post by jirobkk »

In Userguide : They said

3.2.4.2: Creating Smile Packs
To make a smilie pack, first make the .pak file. To do this, click Create Smilie Pack at the bottom of the Smilie Administration Panel. Click the Here link to download the .pak file and save it.

After creating the .pak file, create a .zip or .tar.gz archive that contains both the .pak file and the smilie images. You may now distribute this smilie pack to others.


I've already downloaded the .pak file and also already created a .zip file of the smile images.

What I have to do next ? Anyone please help !!!

Thanks
jirobkk
simplescrapskathy
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 4:08 am
Location: Northwest Arkansas, USA
Contact:

Post by simplescrapskathy »

Here's a great tutorial...I just did this yesterday and used it.

http://www.phpbb-design.com/faq/install_smileys.php

HTH!

Kathy
jirobkk
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 am

Post by jirobkk »

simplescrapskathy wrote: Here's a great tutorial...I just did this yesterday and used it.

http://www.phpbb-design.com/faq/install_smileys.php

HTH!

Kathy


Thank you so much.

Still can't understand !!!!
What is "Remote Server" ? Where I can find remote server ? Is it in my computor ?

I have a .zip file of my smilies pictures file. What I have to do next with my .zip smiles picturs file.

And where I can find the pictur below.

Image
jirobkk
simplescrapskathy
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 4:08 am
Location: Northwest Arkansas, USA
Contact:

Post by simplescrapskathy »

Your remote server is wherever your forums are hosted. You will upload your smilies via FTP to the folder it shows in that window.

Kathy
jirobkk
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 am

Post by jirobkk »

simplescrapskathy wrote: Your remote server is wherever your forums are hosted. You will upload your smilies via FTP to the folder it shows in that window.

Kathy


Thanks Kathy
I'm a owner of http://www.fulltimewebmaster.com/myforum/jirobkk.html. Where I can find remote server in my forum ? How can I upload smilies via FTP. I'm not expert in computor. Sorry for my seupid question.
jirobkk
simplescrapskathy
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 4:08 am
Location: Northwest Arkansas, USA
Contact:

Post by simplescrapskathy »

I've looked at the home page for your webhost. It looks like the best thing for you to do is post tol the support forums over there. From the sounds of the posts I saw in the styles forum, there are people over there that can do this for you.

If not, let me know and I'll try to help more, but you'll need to know how to use FTP to upload your files and download an FTP client.

Good luck!
Kathy
jirobkk
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 am

Post by jirobkk »

simplescrapskathy wrote: I've looked at the home page for your webhost. It looks like the best thing for you to do is post tol the support forums over there. From the sounds of the posts I saw in the styles forum, there are people over there that can do this for you.

If not, let me know and I'll try to help more, but you'll need to know how to use FTP to upload your files and download an FTP client.

Good luck!
Kathy


I forgot to tell you that now I'm running my tennis homepage ( http://www.jirobkk.com/ ) and I'm using FTP progrmme to upload the data everyday. But I really don't get what you mean about " upload your smilies via FTP "
jirobkk
jirobkk
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 am

Post by jirobkk »

Hello Kathy

I'm going to upload smilies pak from my computor via FTP programme.

Could you please let me know the URL of the host where I transfer my file. ? And What is the username and password?

Is my understanding correct ?

Jiro
jirobkk
simplescrapskathy
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 4:08 am
Location: Northwest Arkansas, USA
Contact:

Post by simplescrapskathy »

Okay, Jiro, let me see if I can help you, but I'm a total newbie here, too. However...

In looking at the address you gave for your forums, the address to upload the smilies pak to would be:

http://www.fulltimewebmaster.com/myforum/images/smiles

As for your username and password, you probably have to get those from your webhost if you didn't set it up yourself.

Again, from what I saw at your webhost's homepage, they could probably help you get this done. In fact, go here and read this post:

http://fulltimewebmaster.com/forum/inde ... ,44.0.html

Sounds like those smilies may already be there for you.

Kathy
jirobkk
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 am

Post by jirobkk »

simplescrapskathy wrote: Okay, Jiro, let me see if I can help you, but I'm a total newbie here, too. However...

In looking at the address you gave for your forums, the address to upload the smilies pak to would be:

http://www.fulltimewebmaster.com/myforum/images/smiles

As for your username and password, you probably have to get those from your webhost if you didn't set it up yourself.

Again, from what I saw at your webhost's homepage, they could probably help you get this done. In fact, go here and read this post:

http://fulltimewebmaster.com/forum/inde ... ,44.0.html

Sounds like those smilies may already be there for you.

Kathy


Thanks Kathy
I just noticed that there is support forum of fulltimewebmaster after I read your post. I;m going to register and read.
Very much appreciated yout help.
Jiro
jirobkk
Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”