[Release] subBlack 1.05 for phpBB 2.0.12 (Updated)

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
KCB

Post by KCB »

I am running phpBB v 2.0.10

which version of subBlack should I use?
jay98s10

Post by jay98s10 »

i am runn phpbb 2.0.7 and i have uploade the subBlack themes to the forum i can see it and such but when going into a thread and then clicking on the topic nothing appers.. I have just taken this site over and the only thing i can things of that has been done was easymod and quickreply mods everything else i have done and seen then take effect on the new themes just cant see any posts inside the topis when i click on them any help would be greatly appreicated

Thanks

Jay

the site name is http://www.ohiovalleys-series.com/forum
spectre

Post by spectre »

The mods have to be applied to all styles (including subBlack).
jay98s10

Post by jay98s10 »

is there anyway to tell exactly what mods have been installed on this the previous admin dont remember and i would like to get them working???

Jay
spectre

Post by spectre »

Sorry, don't know. I'm not really on the mod scene. Try the mod support forum.
should_it

Post by should_it »

KCB wrote: I am running phpBB v 2.0.10

which version of subBlack should I use?

i downloaded 1.04 last night to get me out of a fix as the style i was using wouldnt display with firefox properly,
and so far 130 visitors, 4 registrations and no complaints :D i have phpbb v 2.0.11

thanks for the style its great
Mazedude

Regarding background images

Post by Mazedude »

Greetings.

Again, cool style, cool colors, it goes with my site nicely. However, for the life of me, I can't get a background graphic to work. I have a very dark brown JPG that's part of my main site that I would really like to use for the forum, but I can't get it to show up despite how much code I edit.

I've tried adding background-image: url(subBlack/images/bface.jpg); to the body of the CSS file... with several variations on the directories...

I've tried editing $subBlack[0]['body_background'] = "bface.jpg"; into the theme_info file, and I've tried adding my JPG in various places of the overall_header file, but it never shows up. It's just solid black. I got it to show up in the top bars of the forum categories, but that's it, and that's not where I want it.

I found another post describing how to add background JPGs into the subSilver theme via the overall_header file, but the layout of your overall_header in subBlack is much different, so the same advice doesn't apply.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mazedude
spectre

Post by spectre »

The difference between subSilver and subBlack is the css. It's internal to the overall_header.tpl on subSilver and external in the subBlack.css file for subBlack. Other than that there is very little difference between the styles. Also, have you checked your changes in different browsers. Background images are tricky. It may work in one browser and not another.
churchyard

subBlackPortal

Post by churchyard »

Is there something like subPortal designed like as subBlack?
Tux Penguin Avatars: Discuss/Rate/Review | Pingus Ranks: Discuss/Rate/Review
BBLangs - MOD translations - GE, FR, CZ, SK - Support us with your translation
Jabber: churchyard@njs.netlab.cz
spectre

Post by spectre »

Yes. Check out the first post of this thread. You'll see a link for file called subBlackPortal ... That has the files need to change an existing subBlack install to a subPortal style with subBlacks colors.
churchyard

Post by churchyard »

spectre wrote: Yes. Check out the first post of this thread. You'll see a link for file called subBlackPortal ... That has the files need to change an existing subBlack install to a subPortal style with subBlacks colors.

Thank you.
That's very good... :D
spectre

2.0.11 update

Post by spectre »

It looks like there is a change in the admin side of the style with v. 2.0.11 of phpBB. It puts a radio input to enable or disable visual confirmation. Until I update all my styles you can work around it by setting your admin account (temporarly) to subSilver. Then you can input your setting for visual confirmation and save it to the database. Once thats done you can revert back to the old template. If you can't wait for my update or you prefer to make the change yourself see this post from CyberAlien on how to update your styles.
churchyard

Post by churchyard »

How can I have SubBlack and SubBlackPortal together?
churchyard

Post by churchyard »

churchyard wrote: How can I have SubBlack and SubBlackPortal together?

PLEASE...
spectre

Post by spectre »

subBlackPortal was ment as an update to subBlack for those that wanted a portal look. To have both installed at the same time you would have to do some kind of search and replace to make a new style (suggest: subBlackPortal). Then when thats done and working, upload a new subBlack.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”