Change all users's style?

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
ChrisFlynn

Change all users's style?

Post by ChrisFlynn »

(Not sure if this is the right section...)

OK, say I have two styles on my phpBB: subSilver and subBlack. I add another one (subBlue) - how can I set all my users's style to be subBlue? I don't want to override their styles with subBlue permanently in the Admin panel - they should be allowed to change back to subSilver or subBlack after they've seen the new subBlue if they so desire.
I don't really fancy going through 23000 profiles and changing it by hand - so I presume there's a simple bit of SQL needed?

Many thanks!
Myspoonistoobig

Post by Myspoonistoobig »

off the top of my head, I believe the field user_style in the table phpbb_users (or whatever your prefix is) contains that information, with a number (starting at 1) indicating which of the installed styles to use.

so, also off the top of my head, you could do an UPDATE query manually on the database:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users
SET user_style=3
or whatever number your style has assigned to it
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You could install the extreme styles mod too (just requires some file uploads)
http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356
This allows you to see who is on what style and switch everyone over to a particular one whilst keeping a default template(s) for people to change to if they wish.
BillyBobBongo

Post by BillyBobBongo »

Kevin Clark wrote: You could install the extreme styles mod too (just requires some file uploads)
http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356
This allows you to see who is on what style and switch everyone over to a particular one whilst keeping a default template(s) for people to change to if they wish.

This is the way I'd do it too! It's an easy mod and has lots of great features anyway! Go on...install it....you know it makes sense! ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”