Change background

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
stuarta

Change background

Post by stuarta »

Sorry, I'm guessing something really simple, but I'm tryign to edit the background of my forum.

I've tried editing the index_body.tpl but this only changed the fringe of the background and also the css file but haven't had any joy as of yet.

Or even better, I would like to be able to include the forum inside my current dreamweaver template, keeping the template menu outside the forum.

Hope someone can possibly help me
ejrodgers

Post by ejrodgers »

There's an option to change the colour or image of your background in the admin panel.

Under the heading of Styles Management, click on edit and it lists all the styles. Click edit on the relevant one (default Sub Silver) and then it's the fourth or fifth option down depending on image or colour. If you specifiy an image you have to put the whole URL in inclduing the http.

Good Luck
stuarta

Post by stuarta »

tried that, but still only seems to be changing the outside fringe

http://forum.simaviatorsuk.org/index.php
El Barto

Post by El Barto »

simple.... look for attribute 'forumline' in ur theme's css file and change the bg color!!
DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR FORUM STYLES?? ASK THE DOC. THE NAMES' BARTO, EL BARTO!!
stuarta

Post by stuarta »

Ok, well I've just gone through the css file and changed all the #FFFFFF to the colour I want #0066CC and nothing has changed for some reason. I even done this on the default subSilver

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”