[Release] phpvBB (vBulletin imitation theme)

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

youngwun0 wrote: Sounds good, I'll probably be modding mine with a few of those mods from that turkish pack soon i like the threads description, reputation, yellow card, subforum and a few other mods, But i'll wait a while to see how everything goes.

I'd suggest waiting until I don't update for a week or so. I always find little petty things I need to fix (perfectionist).
asdolo

Post by asdolo »

someone make a rightclick-menu on the user name like vbullo for phpbb...but i cant find it
danb00

Post by danb00 »

hate to kill an idea off but im sure this is illegal. Vbulletin dont allow immiations of their styles etc. There was an issue with this a while back with a style the same for vbulletin 2.0 was on phpbbhacks and vbulletin got it removed
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB
youngwun0

Post by youngwun0 »

Read the whole thread, he said he asked vbulletin permission and they gave him the ok as long as their images aren't being copied exactly as they are :P
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

danb00 wrote: hate to kill an idea off but im sure this is illegal. Vbulletin dont allow immiations of their styles etc. There was an issue with this a while back with a style the same for vbulletin 2.0 was on phpbbhacks and vbulletin got it removed

All design and coding was done by me. I have all the PSD files for proof, and if the coding is compared side by side, I'm more than sure it'll be different (I haven't compared it, didn't feel a need).

That style used vBulletin's lastpost icons. If you actually were to look into the situation, all they had to do was rid of vB's lastpost icons, and it was perfectly legal. ;)
shadav

Post by shadav »

i'm not to found of the vb color scheme but i do like their layout quite a bit :)

you've done an awsome job...as of yet not downloading it lol...i think i'll wait til phpbb3 is released :D

I visited your site http://phpvbb.justinsanity.net/ and went to check out phpvBB Forum Index -> phpvBB Theme ....can't read anything...your forum's a dark midnight blue and your font text is black :))

as asked before is there a way to make the username in the viewtopic a drop down menu like vb? I know there's a mod for this...i tried it...and i never could get it to work!

Secondly, is there anyway to move the username, avatar, and general poster info to the top of the post instead of on the left hand side?
Example >> Talkhost's Newbie Information/ FAQ
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

shadav wrote: i'm not to found of the vb color scheme but i do like their layout quite a bit :)

you've done an awsome job...as of yet not downloading it lol...i think i'll wait til phpbb3 is released :D

I visited your site http://phpvbb.justinsanity.net/ and went to check out phpvBB Forum Index -> phpvBB Theme ....can't read anything...your forum's a dark midnight blue and your font text is black :))

as asked before is there a way to make the username in the viewtopic a drop down menu like vb? I know there's a mod for this...i tried it...and i never could get it to work!

Secondly, is there anyway to move the username, avatar, and general poster info to the top of the post instead of on the left hand side?
Example >> Talkhost's Newbie Information/ FAQ

Yeah, I've already made a horizontal profile view in viewtopic. I'll attach that in a contrib folder with the next release of phpvBB.

You see the new theme I have in the works. :) I forgot to change it back when I was working on it. I'll change that now, though.

phpvBB isn't up for download at the moment. I still have more bugs that have been reported, and things I'd like to modify. It'll probably be up in a matter of 2 weeks.
shadav

Post by shadav »

cool...is there any chance that you could send me the instructions on how to do that to the viewtopic...lol i tried to do it myself and only succedded in a few rather interesting mistakes :lol:

btw I like the feel of your forum, the skin you have installed there is very nice, simple, easy on the eyes...aside from the text color lol easily fixed....one other side note ;) your images are rough around the edges...looks like they didn't completely get transparent

anyways great job, keep up the good work :) and keep us informed lol

*can't think of any mod/style/ect that i've actually awaited for before lol*
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

shadav wrote: cool...is there any chance that you could send me the instructions on how to do that to the viewtopic...lol i tried to do it myself and only succedded in a few rather interesting mistakes :lol:

btw I like the feel of your forum, the skin you have installed there is very nice, simple, easy on the eyes...aside from the text color lol easily fixed....one other side note ;) your images are rough around the edges...looks like they didn't completely get transparent

anyways great job, keep up the good work :) and keep us informed lol

*can't think of any mod/style/ect that i've actually awaited for before lol*

Heh, thanks. The images are default as I haven't created new ones yet.

I'll get the code for viewtopic and post it here sometime tonight.
killo_mato

Post by killo_mato »

it seems to be down :(
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

is this available for 2.0.21? i cant find a download link
Keaton

Post by Keaton »

Where is this theme?
I really want download it, but i'm unable to find it.. (links always go to an 404 error.)
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

phpvBB isn't up for download at the moment. I still have more bugs that have been reported, and things I'd like to modify. It'll probably be up in a matter of 2 weeks.

It'll be up soon.
Silver9990

Post by Silver9990 »

If you read through all of the posts you'd find the download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDERYCBT
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

Shame it's an old version.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”