[Release] phpvBB (vBulletin imitation theme)

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
User avatar
igorw
Former Team Member
Posts: 8024
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:32 am

Good job! :D
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

lordmenace
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:49 am

Post by lordmenace » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:40 am

TheColbyJack wrote:


Nice plug.

Stealing vBulletins images is infringing copyright. There was already a style that had to be taken off phpbb for that reason.

Edit: Nice idea with the premodding. I may look into doing this myself.


I am waiting for your release


I'd try if it were in English.

youngwun0
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:02 am

Post by youngwun0 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:59 am

TheColbyJack's skin is much better and he has already released it (unless you mean the premodded version he considered doing) That turkish vbulletin premodded skin is illegal and also the coding & skinning is very sloppy so i wouldn't use that if i were you but it's really your choice :)

TheColbyJack
Registered User
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:15 am

Post by TheColbyJack » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:01 pm

youngwun0 wrote: TheColbyJack's skin is much better and he has already released it (unless you mean the premodded version he considered doing) That turkish vbulletin premodded skin is illegal and also the coding & skinning is very sloppy so i wouldn't use that if i were you but it's really your choice :)


Thank you! I worked countless hours on this theme, so most of it is my best work.

Also, I updated tons of little errors in phpvBB. New ZIP uploaded :)

User avatar
igorw
Former Team Member
Posts: 8024
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:50 pm

TheColbyJack wrote:
youngwun0 wrote:TheColbyJack's skin is much better and he has already released it (unless you mean the premodded version he considered doing) That turkish vbulletin premodded skin is illegal and also the coding & skinning is very sloppy so i wouldn't use that if i were you but it's really your choice :)


Thank you! I worked countless hours on this theme, so most of it is my best work.

Also, I updated tons of little errors in phpvBB. New ZIP uploaded :)


Nice, are you submitting it to the stylesdb?
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

TheColbyJack
Registered User
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:15 am

Post by TheColbyJack » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:25 am

eviL<3 wrote:
TheColbyJack wrote:
youngwun0 wrote:TheColbyJack's skin is much better and he has already released it (unless you mean the premodded version he considered doing) That turkish vbulletin premodded skin is illegal and also the coding & skinning is very sloppy so i wouldn't use that if i were you but it's really your choice :)


Thank you! I worked countless hours on this theme, so most of it is my best work.

Also, I updated tons of little errors in phpvBB. New ZIP uploaded :)


Nice, are you submitting it to the stylesdb?


Not quite yet. There are probably still more bugs and different things that I'd like to fix, and already have some people that are testing it out. But all the help I can get the better ;)

After that, I probably will submit it.

TheColbyJack
Registered User
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:15 am

Post by TheColbyJack » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:03 am

Just spent a little while creating a new breadcrumbs navigation menu. Looks very very much like vB, but I have the PSD's to prove their authenticity. :)

New breadcrumb navigation

youngwun0
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:02 am

Post by youngwun0 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:19 am

Not so sure what breadcrumb is but that looks real good :)

asdolo
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:27 am

Post by asdolo » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:33 am

your work is very very good...i could say that is perfect

but i think that you can start to think about the 3rd phpbb version...



(srry for my english)

TheColbyJack
Registered User
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:15 am

Post by TheColbyJack » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:57 am

asdolo wrote: your work is very very good...i could say that is perfect

but i think that you can start to think about the 3rd phpbb version...



(srry for my english)


Thank you! :)

I'm already two steps ahead of you with you, though. :)

youngwun0
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:02 am

Post by youngwun0 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:19 am

hahaha yeah it's great man that looks sweet hopefully there aren't many skin changes with the final release :)

TheColbyJack
Registered User
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:15 am

Post by TheColbyJack » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:35 pm

phpvBB has gone through some more updates. I'd appreciate it if everyone updated, so old copies of my theme aren't floating around anywhere. Thanks! :)

youngwun0
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:02 am

Post by youngwun0 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:38 pm

I'll do that right now, Any hint on whats changed if anything was changed or are they just bug fixes? :)

TheColbyJack
Registered User
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:15 am

Post by TheColbyJack » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:58 pm

youngwun0 wrote: I'll do that right now, Any hint on whats changed if anything was changed or are they just bug fixes? :)


Bug fixes, and a couple other adjustments. I keep a full change log here: http://phpbb.justinsanity.net/changes.php

youngwun0
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:02 am

Post by youngwun0 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:29 pm

Sounds good, I'll probably be modding mine with a few of those mods from that turkish pack soon i like the threads description, reputation, yellow card, subforum and a few other mods, But i'll wait a while to see how everything goes.

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron