[Release] phpvBB (vBulletin imitation theme)

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
dickibobboy

Post by dickibobboy »

it can be tested on my forum, i have installed it and will report any errors in a thread on my forum
www.technicalchat.co.uk
youngwun0

Post by youngwun0 »

Cool colby i would love to test it if your still doing testing :)
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

Anyone who'd like to test it out, here is a link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDERYCBT

Please, visit http://phpvbb.justinsanity.net to report any bugs, errors, or leave suggestions or comments.
Last edited by TheColbyJack on Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
youngwun0

Post by youngwun0 »

Hmm i think your site's down at the moment but i will be glad to test it i will register when your sites back up and see how it is.
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

Any suggestions/feedback?
youngwun0

Post by youngwun0 »

Hmm well so far so good but some suggestions i would make would have to be:

* Bigger text on threads viewing in sections, right now it looks pretty small.
* In topic view the name of the topic is below the section name maybe you can put it besides it, probably would look cleaner :D
* Maybe move the reply button from the left side of the post to the right side in topic view.
* Collapsible menu's in the admincp, similar to the forum sections and vbulletins admincp.

Besides that i think everything is perfect those aren't really bugs or anything wrong just maybe suggestions thanks for all the great hard work you've put into this it looks great :)
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

youngwun0 wrote: Hmm well so far so good but some suggestions i would make would have to be:

* Bigger text on threads viewing in sections, right now it looks pretty small.
* In topic view the name of the topic is below the section name maybe you can put it besides it, probably would look cleaner :D
* Maybe move the reply button from the left side of the post to the right side in topic view.
* Collapsible menu's in the admincp, similar to the forum sections and vbulletins admincp.

Besides that i think everything is perfect those aren't really bugs or anything wrong just maybe suggestions thanks for all the great hard work you've put into this it looks great :)

Thanks. :)
Are you testing it on a live community, or on a test board?
youngwun0

Post by youngwun0 »

Well right now i'm running it on a half test and half construction board i am planning on opening a second site my first runs on IPB since i have a license for that, but i was thinking about using phpbb for this one and noticed this great project :D
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

youngwun0 wrote: Well right now i'm running it on a half test and half construction board i am planning on opening a second site my first runs on IPB since i have a license for that, but i was thinking about using phpbb for this one and noticed this great project :D

Well, thank you very much! :)

I'll start working on those once my host's servers work again.
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

Anybody have anymore feedbacks/suggestions bugs or errors?
M4Murder

Post by M4Murder »

Nope none me from me i already gave my suggestions as far as bugs or errors i have yet to see any, the theme works great and is much much cleaner then that turkish premodded version lol
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

Haha, thanks.

I've ran into another problem. I cannot move all of the css from overall_header to my css file without the forum screwing up. Any help with this would be appreciated.
youngwun0

Post by youngwun0 »

I wish i could help colby but i have no css knowledge :( Right now i have a html template a friend made for me and i'm still trying to figure out how to code it in css so it's easier to edit and looks a little better.
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

For anyone interested:

Screenshots:
View of the main index.
Quick Links drop down menu (located within the navbar)
Note: Clicking "Edit Avatar" will bring you to the specified avatar section of the user profile page (using anchor name tags)
View of a forum.
In topic view.
View of a users profile.
Memberlist.
Note: I edited most of the features out of the memberlist to keep the simplicity vBulletin offers.
TheColbyJack

Post by TheColbyJack »

Release has been made. Refer to the first post of this topic for download information, or visit http://phpbb.justinsanity.net for all phpvBB information!

Please, please, please, feedback and suggestions are very much appreciated! :)

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”