Changing theme.

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
miurdock

Changing theme.

Post by miurdock »

Hello,

I need your help. I want to change theme in my forum. There are many mod in it, what should i do first?
Should i modify all the new theme files and then overwrite? maybe i should do anything else?
Greenweaver
Former Team Member

Post by Greenweaver »

You will need to apply all the MOD's you have on your forum to the new theme you are wanting to use. MOD's are dependent on the theme you are using, if you add a new theme you will not have your MOD's in place.

I would suggest installing your new theme and then applying all your MOD's to that theme (or apply the MOD's before you upload your new theme), while you are doing that keep your current theme live so you can work on the changes in the background and your users can keep using your forum. Only change the theme when you know it is working.
Modage: Page Title Number MOD
Linkage: Find me at Styles Support & Discussion | Get a new style | Customise your style | phpBB userguide
Noteage:
Graphics requests to members over 20 posts and genuine phpbb requirements | I do not provide custom psd files

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”