[Release] subBlack 1.2.1 for phpBB 2.0.22

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
AG3nt42

Re: [Release] subBlack 1.2 for phpBB 2.0.22

Post by AG3nt42 »

SAFFLEUR wrote:
AG3nt42 wrote:This is a cool style and everything... props on the work done thatbitextra...

Don't you think you could use that thing people have ... whats that called?... oh yea an imagination...
All you did was take subsilver and make it black... WOW.... great imagination...took u months to think that up didn't it....????

lmfao... ok ok i'm being mean... I apologize...

It is a well put together template..and I do commend you on the work done.

It just seems like you didn't put much imagination into it AT ALL.
If you would look at his original post it says...
Style Name: subBlack
Original Style Author: spectre
Style Description: Black and gold. Based on the original subSilver. Except that it now has 5 new color themes as well as gold - red, green, blue, pink and white!
He improved upon a style that was already made., updated it, gave it some extra colors. Infact have you looked at the style install? Probably not. He coded the template to work so you only need upload one folder not one per color. He put work in to it and you're being an unappreciative person. Instead of criticizing someones template make one for yourself, THEN come back and make smarmy remarks.. Otherwise you're just being a mean litle prude.
well well well smarty pants... i guess if you had read MY post you'd have figured out by now that i did give him plenty of credit for the work... done... and yes I do realize he made it so that it has interchangeable colorschemes... If you were smart enough to read any posts yourself...you wouldn't have written the post above... now you just look like an idiot... btw... All i said is that he could have used some imagination with making a template in general... and obviously again if you read my post you'd see that I did know it was a template BASED on subsilver.... aka the name smart ash.... "subblack".... I'm pretty sure most of us could figure that part out just by the name. My only suggestion was for him to use some imagination when starting to create a template.... rather then baseing his work on someone elses. :D

or is constructive criticism not appreciated anymore??

oh and I HAVE made one smarty pants... there are two of them released here in the forum... but SINCE YOU READ ALL THE POST CORRECTLY AND THOROUGHLY you already knew that huh...
Last edited by AG3nt42 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR »

I read things quite fine, My statement still stands...design your own style then complain...cause he did it for free. ;)
AG3nt42

Post by AG3nt42 »

SAFFLEUR wrote:I read things quite fine, My statement still stands...design your own style then complain...cause he did it for free. ;)

plz read above as you obviously are having trouble with this
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

I didn't base it on other people's work. spectre made it. Then he abandoned it and I took it over so that it would be maintained and updated. As a bonus, I added more color schemes to it. I did not start the style, therefore I did not "start to make a template".
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)
AG3nt42

Post by AG3nt42 »

Thatbitextra wrote:I didn't base it on other people's work. spectre made it. Then he abandoned it and I took it over so that it would be maintained and updated. As a bonus, I added more color schemes to it. I did not start the style, therefore I did not "start to make a template".

well ok then.....that paints a different picture all together now doesn't it.

If you read my posts I did say that I commend you on the work done... and that I like the style.

you guyz are getting upset for no reason
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

Enough. Locked until I decide otherwise.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
monotek

Post by monotek »

What about the PHPBB3 Version?
wildcatforums

Post by wildcatforums »

Hi. I just installed a fresh SubBlack 1.2 and it installed fine. But, in the ACP, when I go to add a new forum, everything is okay until I get down to the auto pruning section.
Auto-pruning Enabled
Remove topics that have not been posted to in 0 Days
Check for topic age every 0 Days
The text for Auto-Pruning is like it is above, except it is very dark. There is no table around it, like in subsilver.

I don't know how to fix this.

I previously had subblack on a different forum, and it didn't look like this. I even re-installed everything from new files, and it did the same thing. Any help???
Last edited by wildcatforums on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

Ah. Thanks for reporting this :)

To fix it, open templates/subBlack/admin/[color].css, find:

Code: Select all

td.row1, td.row2, td.row3
and change it to:

Code: Select all

td, td.row1, td.row2, td.row3
I'll update the download in the next few days :)
Styles KB
wildcatforums

Post by wildcatforums »

Please tell me when you do. I tried this, and it didn't make any changes. I did it for each color, and it didn't work.
T1Cybernetic
Name: Christopher Maxwell

Post by T1Cybernetic »

SubBlack is always a winner in my book, keep up the good styling :mrgreen: i'll always be back for this one :)
Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water.
Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle.
You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

I'm very new to 'styles', so thatbitextra, hope you can assist me here. Had I seen subBlack years ago, I probably would have not tweaked subSilver to what I have it as today. You seemed to have done a fabulous job with this. Many kudos for the patience and drive to take it on.

Easy enough to upload as it was, I still have some off-topic ish questions. So:

1) when you install say - (insert color), how do you revert back to subSilver, if you need/want to, since it is not in the list of styles??

2) I tweaked subSilver to have a black background, green and yellow text, some italics, bold and more stuff. How can I save THAT tweak as say subJam or whatever I want to name it?

3) If I wanted to upload the original css, would that mess up having my tweaked version that's in place now??

Thank you in advance for the time to read and possibly respond!! Have a great one!!
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

1) Select it in your profile (or in the ACP General Config).

2) http://www.google.com/search?q=neothermic+kb+cloning
Second result. You'll need to view the cache, as NeoThermic's site seems to be broken atm :?

3) Depends whether you edited via the ACP or via the CSS file, If it's the latter, then yes, it would mess stuff up. Not sure why you want to replace it with the original though?
Styles KB
2LadyDi

Post by 2LadyDi »

Thatbitextra wrote:1) Select it in your profile (or in the ACP General Config).?
Oh, so it will BECOME an option once another color/style is chosen, yes??
Thatbitextra wrote:2) http://www.google.com/search?q=neothermic+kb+cloning
Second result. You'll need to view the cache, as NeoThermic's site seems to be broken atm :?
Will check this out, thanks for the link!!
Thatbitextra wrote:3) Depends whether you edited via the ACP or via the CSS file, If it's the latter, then yes, it would mess stuff up. Not sure why you want to replace it with the original though?
I probably won't so fogive me for even asking. But I edited via both methods I believe. It was years ago. (laughs). Thanks for responding and have a fabulous day!!
WebMistress of SHAGGY's Studio.com
http://www.shaggysstudio.com
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

Sorry, I don't fully understand what you mean with 1). Once you have installed any style (and with subBlack, each color installs as a separate style), it is available to be chosen by the user (provided you don't have 'Override user style' turned on, in which case it's only selectable in the ACP). Provided you still have subSilver installed, it should still be in that dropdown list and hence usable.
If I'm missing what you are asking, I apologize.
Styles KB

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”