form elements in css

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Pablosp

form elements in css

Post by Pablosp »

Hi everyone

I´m making a new theme and I have two newbie questions. I´ve searched all forums and the knowledge base but couldn´t find the answer (sorry if the answer is out there).

The background color in the whole theme is dark. I´ve been able to change the background in most of the form elements, but not in the options circle (that one for polls and search). Nothing is defined in html templates, and in stylesheet css file I have:

Code: Select all

input.radio {
	border: none;
	background-color: transparent;
}
Changing this background-color, I get a square in that color outside the option circle, but the circle inside is still white. Is there a way to change it?

My other question is very similar, about the select element. When I click for example on a combo box with several options, the one I am pointing with the mouse (hover effect) is blue with white text. Is it possible to change these colors?

PD: Sorry if my english is not very good
SAK `

Re: form elements in css

Post by SAK ` »

Wait, if there was a 1 pixel square surrounding, maybe that was the border set at default?

$.@.K.
The Serial AD Killa trademark is no more. 2003-2007
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty »

you can't fully style radio input. if you set border color, then browsers will just draw ugly rectangle around it, changing background color changes background of rectangle. some browsers completely ignore it.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
Pablosp

Post by Pablosp »

Ok. Circles will be white inside then. Thanks for your replies.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”