how do I uninstall a style?

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
rantbot

how do I uninstall a style?

Post by rantbot »

I don't want it to show up in the scroll box in General Admin > Configuration.
Greenweaver
Former Team Member

Re: how do I uninstall a style?

Post by Greenweaver »

Log in to the ACP, choose "Styles Admin" - "Management" - "Delete" the style you do not want.
Modage: Page Title Number MOD
Linkage: Find me at Styles Support & Discussion | Get a new style | Customise your style | phpBB userguide
Noteage:
Graphics requests to members over 20 posts and genuine phpbb requirements | I do not provide custom psd files
rantbot

Post by rantbot »

GreenWeaver wrote:Log in to the ACP, choose "Styles Admin" - "Management" - "Delete" the style you do not want.
It gives me a message,

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/confirm_body.tpl does not exist

and doesn't delete anything.

I didn't delete any subSilver files; the directory is just as it was when installed by Fantastico.
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

Download phpBB 2.0.22 off this site, take out templates/subSilver/admin/confirm_body.tpl and put it into the style that you are using to do the deleting.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)
rantbot

Post by rantbot »

This is getting weird.

All of the templates I have installed have a file confirm_body.tpl, but it's in the template root directory, not in /admin. Is moving that file from the root to /admin a normal part of the "delete" procedure?
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

Then all your templates are out of date. Do as I said and copy one from a fresh phpBB download. There should be a confirm_body.tpl in both template root and template admin folder.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
rantbot

Post by rantbot »

Thatbitextra wrote:Then all your templates are out of date. Do as I said and copy one from a fresh phpBB download. There should be a confirm_body.tpl in both template root and template admin folder.
I installed the forum three days ago. The subSilver template does indeed have a confirm_body.tpl file in both the root and the admin folder. The other two styles I have installed have a confirm_body.tpl in only their root directories.

Nevertheless, despite having the file in the admin folder, subSilver won't un-install. Attempts to do so give me the message already posted -

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/confirm_body.tpl does not exist

But admin/confirm_body.tpl does exist. Size 534, date 20061219
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

Thatbitextra wrote:put it into the style that you are using to do the deleting.
If you are deleting subSilver, then it's not the style that you are using to do the deleting.
Styles KB

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”