ForumImages<dot>com Themes and Images

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Daz

ForumImages<dot>com Themes and Images

Post by Daz » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi,

I should have posted something like this a long, long time ago, but if I wasn't so utterly disillusioned by the actions of so many people, I wouldn't have felt the need to kill and walk away from the ForumImages<dot>com web site!
  • Whether ForumImages<dot>com is dead or alive at this time (or at any point in the future) is irrelevant, but please feel free to remove the hyperlink to the site and simply leave the "FI Theme" alone.
  • I do require that I am credited, a simple;
    Images and/or theme (originally) created by Darren Burnhill.
    in the readme/release notes will suffice. This not only applies to any updated or derived themes, but to any images/code used as part of another theme/project.
  • I don't want any link to either my profile here or my web site(s), see below.
  • Please have some respect for the sheer amount of effort, time and skills I contributed to phpBB (and numerous related projects) and don't contact me for help doing this, that or the other. Offering money is no good, if you want to part with some, give it to the phpBB team, they deserve it.
In order to answer some (possibly) common questions;
  • Q: May I Use Your Code/Images with Project XXX?
    A: Yes, but only meeting the relevant requirements above as well as the code/images being free to download and use.
  • Q: I Want XXX Theme updating or I Need A Theme That Looks Like..., Can I Pay You?
    A: See point 4 in the list above.
    Q: Do You Still Have An Interest In Themes And/Or Images?
    A: Yes.
  • Q: Have You Updated Your Themes For The Latest Versions Of phpBB2?
    A: I still use phpBB and so the answer is yes, but not all.
  • Q: Have You Made Any New Themes?
    A: Yes and I have substantially re-written the base templates.
  • Q: What About phpBB3?
    A: I have it installed on localhost and it's very impressive on a number of counts. It makes it possible/practical to generate the themes I couldn't release for 2.x due to the nightmare that support would have been. I can still use it without a database and so it looks promising for future use/development work.
  • Q: Has Time And Age Tempered You Or Are You Still An Obstinate PITA?
  • A: Yes and Yes.
And finally;

I would like to thank phpBB and many of its members for the opportunities it has afforded me to acquire valuable skills and experience.

P.S. Could a member of the team please make this a Sticky so that as many people as possible are aware of my wishes?
Please and Thank You works wonders...
I reserve the right to post illogical (and totally wrong) replies.
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

Note: ForumImages<dot>com is no longer anything to do with me.

abhishek1711

Re: ForumImages<dot>com Themes and Images

Post by abhishek1711 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:53 am

wht went wrong ? some professionall issues?

Daz

Post by Daz » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Put simply, I had had enough of my generosity being abused. Add to that the stark realisation that you are never going to satisfy an insatiable desire - people always want more and don't appreciate the amount of time, effort and skill that goes into these things. Part of it is human nature - that which is most desirable is that which is out of reach - and familiarity with such things merely breeds contempt.

I probably do more coding and image creating as I did before and, having seen/heard nothing but things that vindicate my decision to shut FI, I am only inclined to please myself.

But then you could say I simply rate myself too highly, so may indeed have some professional issues...

Daz
Please and Thank You works wonders...
I reserve the right to post illogical (and totally wrong) replies.
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

Note: ForumImages<dot>com is no longer anything to do with me.

Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:02 pm

Seems like this topic's turned from a notification into a rant/ego trip, hence closing it to make sure it only serves its original purpose.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”