[RELEASE] subBleak for phpBB 2.0.4

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:45 am

It will work, but I still need to update it to get all the new changes made to subSilver into it (my main machine is down right now though, so I have to wait)
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Shadow [Dx]

Post by Shadow [Dx] » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:00 pm

Hi, LifeIsPain
I need icons for subBleak, could you create them ??
Or, gives me the .png files (for fireworks MX) so that I do them myself
ImageImage
Last edited by Shadow [Dx] on Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zariah

Post by zariah » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:53 pm

It's so hard to make a logo that matches...does anyone know how to do stuff like this? I'm not sure how to get the background match with this styles fade.

LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:13 pm

@Shadow: I would give you a png of the background if I had access to it right now, still waiting for my new power supply so I can get back onto that machine.

@zariah: look at the file celltop_fade.jpg, it is a 2x110 px, stretch this horizontally to some width (I used 250) but make sure it stays 110 px high. Then just put your image over this. It is simple enough to just leave it there, but if you want, some programs are able to filter out a background as you set it, and make it all nice and pretty looking.
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Shadow [Dx]

Post by Shadow [Dx] » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:21 pm

ok, I will wait ;)

staticmajik

Kewl!

Post by staticmajik » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:58 pm

I have installed the subleak style with a kindof portal looking layout thing. Anyhow, Im having sub problems and was wondering if anyone would care to take a look and beat up the board a bit and make some recommendations on what I need to do. The auto redirect function for some reason looks for the port on database server when you login or join the board and does not work. However if you join the board, and then reload it all your profile information is there etc etc.

Any help would be great and most likely rewarded as well. Im looking for some one to do some work on this with me. I just dont have the time to meet my deadlines for my project.

btw......... http://www.staticmajik.com doh!

Tyler Durden

Re: Kewl!

Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:41 pm

staticmajik wrote: I have installed the subleak style with a kindof portal looking layout thing. Anyhow, Im having sub problems and was wondering if anyone would care to take a look and beat up the board a bit and make some recommendations on what I need to do. The auto redirect function for some reason looks for the port on database server when you login or join the board and does not work. However if you join the board, and then reload it all your profile information is there etc etc.

Any help would be great and most likely rewarded as well. Im looking for some one to do some work on this with me. I just dont have the time to meet my deadlines for my project.

btw......... http://www.staticmajik.com doh!

Very nice ... I really like this style, it lends itself well to a lof of different projects. I had a go at your site staticmajik ... but login fails! here's the debug code for you:

Code: Select all

Failed sending email :: PHP :: 

DEBUG MODE

Line : 246
File : D:\hshome\northsta\staticmajik.com\phpBB2\includes\emailer.php
Now ... how did you manage to get the forum layout to be in those panels? That's exactly what I'm trying to do! :)
NiN Website ... NiN Forum Come On In!
*scientists have found the two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity!*

LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain » Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:32 am

Gurgggg, sorry about forgeting about the background images. Slap me around alot (it did take me awhile to get this machine going again though)

Anyway, here are the three base images used:
The big circle
The contact rectangle
The small square

These are in png-24, so it has the alpha transparency (and why they would be linked, IE doesn't like png-24 that much)

Shadow [Dx]

Post by Shadow [Dx] » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:06 pm

I succeeded not does not have to reveal them :?
Could you put a file zip ??

LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:57 am

I do not understand what you are asking there...

Shadow [Dx]

Post by Shadow [Dx] » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:51 am

Sorry
I use a translator then the result is not always good :?
thanks for the .png files :wink: :D

Aerie

Post by Aerie » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:35 am

Hey :)

Really good stuff LifeIsPain ^^

I installed it prior after installing the invision_blue theme. I checked my *.css file, *.cfg file and even my *.tpl lifes.. but I can't seem to find the cause of this problem :

LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:15 am

Ok, this would be in relationship to an earlier mentioned problem with subBleakBlue. At first I thought I had just updated subBleakBlue with the wrong file at one point, instead, I updated subBleakBlue with the wrong file and forgot to update subBleak (it should have had that original file in it). And hence forth, new installs of subBleak would do that.

Well, the following fix will be written as I repeatedly bang my head on the desk while typing........

Ok, when I finally get to updating the full package, this will be fixed (I hope I don't make another mistake like this)

The simplest way to fix this problem would be to uninstall subBleak from the admin panel (don't delete all the files though, just the uninstall). Next, download this file into templates/subBleak and overwrite the file currently in there.
Once this is done, install subBleak again. With that, the colors problem should be fixed.

Sorry abou that, I wish I had more hours in the day to fix this Style up like I would like it to be done.

And for all of you reading, this only applies to subBleak version 1.0.1 and no other versions.

spor

Post by spor » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:30 pm

I really like the theme, good job

Stylee

Post by Stylee » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:33 pm

Could I get the .psd file that you used to make the phpbb logo?

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”