[Pre-Release]SubSilver PRO

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
E-Darkone

Post by E-Darkone »

DorG wrote: Not really much changed

Change some more maybe ...

Slightly ironic, claiming to have made something more "professional" when a professional would make something of there own, rather than using as much as possible from someone else.

You havent changed anything, and if you have, keep it to yourself unless someone asks you for it.

Damn people.

Adam
DorG

Post by DorG »

E-Darkone wrote:
DorG wrote:Not really much changed

Slightly ironic, claiming to have made something more "professional" when a professional would make something of there own, rather than using as much as possible from someone else.

You havent changed anything, and if you have, keep it to yourself unless someone asks you for it.

Damn people.

Adam

Don't be to hard ;) Go create some more 8)
---
- <
---
falkon

Post by falkon »

.00001/10

it shoud be a new
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those that don't.
XIII

Post by XIII »

Ah, come on, give the guy a break. He's obviously new at it, but at least he's trying. So it's not exactly original at the moment, just keep working on it :wink:
Mohd

Post by Mohd »

I know we can give him a break but why did he release this style, I don't think any body will download a style with out modifying it to fit there site
for example see my web site I heavly modified subSilver to fit my needs.
Visit My Site Mohd Web Site!
My Current mod is PaFileDb Integration 0.0.8
Demo: Click Here
No support via PM
t94xr

Post by t94xr »

DorG wrote: Not really much changed

I am. I like the subsilver layout
Im going to build it up so you guys can really say its a Professional version of SubSilver...
Something with a bit more class and style.
Something that gives the feel of SubSilver, without the commonality of it...
XIII wrote: Ah, come on, give the guy a break. He's obviously new at it, but at least he's trying. So it's not exactly original at the moment, just keep working on it :wink:
trust me, after the next couple of months, you'll be wondering what the hell have i done... LOL
squall wrote: I know we can give him a break but why did he release this style, I don't think any body will download a style with out modifying it to fit there site
for example see my web site I heavly modified subSilver to fit my needs.
Yeah FOR YOUR NEEDS, not anyone elses... were mine is designed a little bit more into the professional area for users who dont like the subsilver layout as it is... :D
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty »

Stop this bullshit. Moving few windows and adding few images doesn't make theme a 'professional'.

Learn html and some image editing app (i mean photoshop or fireworks, not ms paint) and then create something really new (and make sure that IT IS your own, not ripoff of some other theme with "more professional" look).
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
aallix

Post by aallix »

Children please...
  • You (t94xr) shouldn't release something that's still in development. That's what the Styles Development & Discussion forum is there for.
  • If you do intend to release these template changes, you should just release the template files in question, and not the whole package. Call it subSilver Additions or something. PRO is basically false advertising, on just about every level.
'You see how easy it is? If someone had just made this clear to (him) from the start, none of this so-called "bullshit" would have transpired...
Luciouslinda

Post by Luciouslinda »

Well sorry, but i still think that it looks crap!!!!

Lets see this one then, i have added a few things and some others as well, but i do not release it as subSilver Pro, and i do not do anything like subSilver Add On!!! Because it is a Portal layout with a few of my additions!!!

You should have out this in the showoff section!!!! to see the response you would have got! Sorry to be nasty!!

**Edit

Well i removed the Screenshot

I have now two forums and well just to say the least, i have modified the first on myself with the aid of subPortal to see Click Here and then i got fed up with that one and wanted to try something else so i have done this one Click Here. Yeah i know they are the same forum, but i am moving everything from the old to the new..... I needed a change, so it is easy to say i have created something, when i have not!!! I got a fully modded board to start with and just added a few different things to it!!! Now i am going to have a go at creating a template of my own!!!! to please on the new one......

So i might be back to ask others for help!!!!
Last edited by Luciouslinda on Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linda
t94xr

Post by t94xr »

CyberAlien wrote: Stop this bullshit. Moving few windows and adding few images doesn't make theme a 'professional'.

Learn html and some image editing app (i mean photoshop or fireworks, not ms paint) and then create something really new (and make sure that IT IS your own, not ripoff of some other theme with "more professional" look).

I do know html
i also quite a bit of JS and Java - how about u?

And i did finished developing it. the posts of the other members bashing it motivated me to make it better... :roll:

And no im going to to install SubPortal
I recently removed theme as most of the users use 8x6res and the side bar reduced the sized of the post box and everything...

and linda a hyperlink would have just done fine :roll:
Jonathen Smith

Post by Jonathen Smith »

Hmm well I happen to like the default style, only problem ever for me is to find a logo that can go with it, lol.

5/10

I like the color, imho, but really there has not been many changes.
dingclancy

Post by dingclancy »

aaahhh me im not an expert but i modify templates to feet my needs and i think i will be stupid to even show-off...

wnat a good subsilver template? go here
Lm8s Inc.
fishfreek

Post by fishfreek »

I know I gave a low rating earlier. And that was based upon the fact that it really was no differnt than subsilver except some items had been moved around and some mods had been added or created.

Quite frankly I think this should be relased not as a style but as a mod. I can see it looking great on styles other than subsilver since its more or less the same style colors just some new things and old things in new places.
Have you joined the PetAdvice Network?

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so ask me how to join our local Shenandoah Valley aquarium group.
kaijohannkursch

Post by kaijohannkursch »

The external frame is very clean and well designed... but the rest is very similar to the actual skin...

Rating 4/10

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”