[Release] Solaris (1.13) for phpBB 2.0.20! UPDATED!!!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Evil Fish

Post by Evil Fish » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:56 am

best theme ever.

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:39 am

Thanks for all the feedback!

The template has a rather dark color scheme, and as explained in the readme file (which I hope you've all read :D), the colors have been adjusted for both CRTs and LCD/TFT flat screens. If it's too dark, try turning up the brightness/gamma of your monitor.
Crumblylettuce wrote: the only bad thing about it is its a lil hard to modify the logo

Did you read the readme file? Do that, it's the readme.html file found in the Solaris folder. Look in the Extras section and read what it says. I've actually included a blank forum logo to make it easier for people to create new logos.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!

Manao

Post by Manao » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:29 am

Hi there everybody, hello Kail... Good work isn't it ? I'm very pleased to use it on my forum, and obviously, it is one of my favourites. Kail has made an excellent job, far beyond my expectations, the result is amazing.

The theme is quite dark because it was first designed for a dark fantazy roleplaying game (Fading Suns) and if you can test it at night, you will see the difference, it then appears to be more bright, because of the orange color icons and texts :wink:

I love it too (thanks again Kail) !
_
Manao

ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:04 am

very nice, Kail!
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)

=ARC= Zykan

Post by =ARC= Zykan » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:40 pm

Good Job Kail.

There is however a graphic glitch on the transparent curve at the top, when you are in the message area (reading post area)... it is not in line with the sides of the forum, like it is on the main forum page.

Apart from the glitch, everything seems okay.

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:01 pm

=ARC= Zykan wrote: Good Job Kail.

There is however a graphic glitch on the transparent curve at the top, when you are in the message area (reading post area)... it is not in line with the sides of the forum, like it is on the main forum page.

Apart from the glitch, everything seems okay.

Nope, there isn't any such glitch. It will look perfect unless someone posts a huge image or a lot of text that forces the forum to widen, it will deform the layout, it's simply unavoidable and cannot be prevented unless you feel like modifying the PHP code ... you might want to call it a glitch though, to me it's just another user related issue, nothing I can do anything about. No reason to call it a bug unless it can be fixed.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.

=ARC= Zykan

Post by =ARC= Zykan » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:23 pm

You beat me to it. Yep!! i just realised it is to do with members posting an image bigger than the width of the forum.

elemental progress

Post by elemental progress » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:00 pm

Kail,

Thanks very much for releasing this to the community. My board, which is dedicated to phpBB forum-based gaming (RPGing), will adopt this template immediately. It's perfect. Thanks again. Awesome work of art here.

elemental progress

Post by elemental progress » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:38 pm

Kail, one more thing.

the element

Those are my boards. The blank logo didn't work, as you can see. It seems to be a darker tint than the rest of the planet.

Also, how do I change the main forum font? It isn't letting me in the Control Panel.

Thanks.

suncream

Post by suncream » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:17 am

Hey, I made a logo for you. It was difficult to match the fonts properly, and it took a while trying :P

The background should match just fine though :)

Here it is: Image

Hope you like :D

To change the fonts, open up Solaris.css, the font attributes will all be found in there.

elemental progress

Post by elemental progress » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:49 am

Hey suncream,

Talk about a random act of kindness if I've ever seen one! Thank you very much! The fonts are perfect.

Thanks also for the .css advice.

You'll be welcome at my boards any time. ;)

AxlRulez

Post by AxlRulez » Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:06 am

great job! I just love it and want to say that so far this is one of the best! thanks!

SubKamran

Post by SubKamran » Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:09 am

Oh wow, that's sooo hot. 15 stars (out of 5)
Kamran A
"Am I not defeating my enemies when I make friends of them?" - Abe Lincoln
mySQL Help : ASP : PHP : .NET : XML and Databases

The Spy

Post by The Spy » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:51 am

1 word...... amazing
"I'm just a figment of your imagination."

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:26 am

Many thanks for all kind words.

Anyone else having problem with the blank logo being too dark?

I saved it as PNG to avoid quality loss but maybe I should have gone with a BMP instead.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”