[Release] Solaris (1.13) for phpBB 2.0.20! UPDATED!!!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
dolphin_d

Post by dolphin_d »

I wish I had the photoshop and/or illustrator files Kail generated, because those files are needed to make the register button appear a bit better. On my site, it's a bit hard to see, so I would have to take a look at how Kail made the buttons because Kail never included .png files for the buttons. Because I did not generate the graphics, it's up to Kail to fix, as guesswork is usually not a good choice.

Kail, I suggest you make .png files of your buttons, so some one can put in language translations more easily. You did a good job with this when you made the .png file of the background (or else I would not have been able to insert my site logo onto my site), but to be international, it is a good idea to make .png files of blank buttons. People like C_M and I would appreciate it.

- KJM

C_M

Post by C_M »

Thanks man!
Yeah, i totally agree. I also have a question about the artwork and would appreciate it if you could hit me up via pm.

Thanks,
Chris
There can be only one...

dolphin_d

Post by dolphin_d »

C_M wrote: Thanks man!
Yeah, i totally agree. I also have a question about the artwork and would appreciate it if you could hit me up via pm.

Thanks,
Chris

You can PM Kail and I, but chances are the PM may not get read. By posting to this thread, your question may be answered more quickly.

EDIT: You can subscribe to this thread - that way, when some one posts something to it, you'll be e-mailed.

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Sorry people, haven't seen these recent posts until lately, phpBB.com didn't send me any topic notification emails. You can always PM, I read every PM but I don't respond to all of them. Get too many support requests from people who ignore what it says in my sig.

I have no plans to release the source files but I'll see what I can do. If you change the gamma of one of the transparency images you will have to change it for all them or there willl be visible edges. You should download the image set and have a look at it. All buttons are included in it (dophin_d: all done to simplify localized versions).

I don't see how changing the gamma for the main table background would improve matters as the viewtopic table still runs in black and very dark gray. The template looks a lot better on flat screens than CRTs (esp. in normally lit rooms).

Anyway, thanks for posting. We can continue the discussion over at my own forums. I'll see if I can release new graphics in a few weeks, things are too stressed at the moment to allow me to do it now.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!

SK

Post by SK »

WOW that is a tasty style!

Dalgar

Post by Dalgar »

that looks awesome
The Early Bird May Get The Worm But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

[d3]Messiah

Post by [d3]Messiah »

BogusOwnz

Post by BogusOwnz »

I had been using Solaris 1.0 for about 3 weeks or so. I just upgraded to this one 1.01. I'm having a hard time finding out what differences it made. Could u please tell me what i could look at so i would know if i'm at 1.01. Also for the next update could u please make the top immage not like 4 different pics cause it's reall hard to change it it what u want.

http://enigmacon.techdiary.com/forum

[d3]Messiah

Post by [d3]Messiah »

i agree tas why i didnt change the image i was too lazy!!!!!

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

1. The update includes a bugfix in the profile screen.

2. You only have to change one image. See the README file for info on how to do it. And there is no easier or simpler way to do it. Bogus, what you've done is not just adding a logo at the top-left but modifing the whole design. There's no way I can make a template totally moddable. Have a look at the HTML code and you'll see why.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.

sunz

Post by sunz »

cool job

dolphin_d

Post by dolphin_d »

When do you plan to make the Solaris theme compatible with 2.0.5, or is it already compatible?

dolphin_d

Post by dolphin_d »

never mind...it works just fine after I upgraded.

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

It should work fine. The 2.0.4 -> 2.0.5 changes are minor but I still intend to release an update. There are some more things that require fixing.

Ahheron

Post by Ahheron »

superb work :!: ... a shame that it won't fit with my forums though :wink:

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”