[Release] Solaris (1.13) for phpBB 2.0.20! UPDATED!!!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
papercut

Post by papercut »

this flatout the most attractive contemporary styled template i have ever seen. beautiful and breathtaking.
character is what you do when no none is looking.

falkor

Post by falkor »

yeah that is worthy of credit for definite

I am still bowled over that the dude has gone to the effort of including a blank sheet for us to include our own logos

it works a TREAT and for me to be able to sort it (within 5 minutes) means ANYBODY could

wow - please let others follow this guy's example :mrgreen:
from your old mate
f a l k o r
global Falkor to yer old seadog seafarin maties
deathmoon

Possible Bug or is it me?

Post by deathmoon »

I just downloaded and uploaded Solaris 101 and I love it! The graphics and formatting is just awesome.

However, I have ran into a problem and I'm not sure if it's the theme or something with php.

It seems that everything on the theme works, groups, profiles, posting, PMing, etc. However, when I click on the ACP all I get is a blank screen.

Any clues?

http://fragfactory.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php
"...be like water..." - Bruce Lee
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

deathmoon: This is most likely related to something else. Does it only happen with Solaris?

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!
Don56

Post by Don56 »

GREAT style and THANK YOU ever so much for offering a blank background for replacing the top logo. Verry classy of you to do that on top of giving away such a nice template.

In reply to the person's problem with ACP I have noticed ACP is in standard subsilver format with Solaris, but that's no problem, nobody sees it but me... 8)
skullandbones

Post by skullandbones »

I had the spacepilot or what ever its called(sry its slipping my mind Jakob) and because i love Jakob's skins sooo much i decided to switch to solaris. When i viewed the user groups with Spacepilot i was able to see the user groups. I then installed Solaris, now when i check the user groups all i see is the moderators and not the members that are in those groups. When i switch back to my old skin, everything is fine again. Please help.

skullandbones

can anyone have any ideas? please im stuck on this one!

Please contact the author of that style or post in its release-topic in the styles announcements & releases forum

skullandbones

with all do respect Mr. zeroK, but i already did that and that is why i am posting here.

also i think its phpbb not the skin

rabidgopher04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would it be phpBB if it works in one skin and not the other? It is most likely an issue with the skin.

Check out the template files and see if there is even any code to show the members of the groups instead of just the moderators.

skullandbones

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it definitly is in there, because all the sites with the solaris theme have it. Also i installed the threads to my 2nd test server, and they work on there.

MarkS

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:35 pm Post subject:

I'd try re-uploading all of the Solaris files. And for further support beyond that point, you need to ask the style authr, or over here.

this is the post i made according to a bunch of people in the wrong sections please help if u can
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

I haven't been able to reproduce this error. Are you sure you're running phpBB 2.0.6?

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
skullandbones

Post by skullandbones »

yes
skullandbones

Post by skullandbones »

i need serious help. Is there some kind of premission that shows if you can see a user group if so; where is it located and how come an admin cant see it.
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Does the error occur with subSilver?

skullandbones

Post by skullandbones »

do you know of any permissions it could be? It works with subsilver but it doesnt work with any new skin i load in. I think some kind of premessions keep getting reset. As I told you in your forums, I can show you if you like. We just have to schedule a time because i cant leave them on, its a needed feature for the moderators.

thanks
skullandbones aka Javlin
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Well, another thing. Please refrain from cross-posting. I doesn't put me in a good mood to help you.

I am certain this is not template related as no one else has reported it nor can I reproduce it. I suggest you go the other way around and remove the MODs you might have installed. They're the #1 source of problems.

skullandbones

Post by skullandbones »

sir im very sorry, but the reason i posted here was to maybe get someone else who can help me. I dont have any mods. Im sorry for cross posting. i didnt mean to make you feel bad. When i saw that you were kain which was last post when i reliazed they were identical. Im very sorry. But are their premissions for this kind of stuff
abietto

Strange problem

Post by abietto »

Hi! I installed the solaris template in a website I've created a few days ago (http://www.kraythunters.net). The strange thing is: whenever I type in a message a " ' " I see it when it's posted as a " /' ". Like, I write:

Don't ask me why

And, after I click on "submit" I read:

Don/'t ask me why

It didn't seem to happen before the installation of the Solaris templaet (that, anyway, i like *very* much) and I can't understand what it could be. In the same server, I have another forum (you can check it out at http://www.abietto.net/forum/) with a modified version (to match the site layout) of the ColdSteel template, and I didn't get any problems.

Furthermore: sometimes I have problems to see the hew messages highlighted. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Can you help me?
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Well this is, without doubt, totally unrelated to the template.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”