[Release] Solaris (1.13) for phpBB 2.0.20! UPDATED!!!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
TwiX

Post by TwiX »

after i installed on my forum, the images doesn"t appear!

i'm sorry about my english, i'm brazilian..
Visit my clan forum > nBr.rg3.net
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Did you upload all files to the correct folders?

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!
Florisdesign

ehm

Post by Florisdesign »

Endy wrote: Very nice, Kail.

I want to know where i can dowload the Coldsteel style :?
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

And why do you ask me that question? :wink:

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Da Reaper

Post by Da Reaper »

hey. im having alot of trouble installing it its uploaded unzipped but my admin panel will not reconize it (it may be because im using 2.0.8)
/ public_html / reviews / templates / Solaris / (Current Folder)
admin
images

Solaris.cfg
Solaris.css
agreement.tpl
bbcode.tpl
confirm_body.tpl
error_body.tpl
faq_body.tpl
formIE.css
groupcp_info_body.tpl
groupcp_pending_info.tpl
groupcp_user_body.tpl
index.htm
index_body.tpl
jumpbox.tpl
login_body.tpl
memberlist_body.tpl
message_body.tpl
modcp_body.tpl
modcp_move.tpl 1 k 600
modcp_split.tpl 3 k 600
modcp_viewip.tpl 2 k 600
overall_footer.tpl 2 k 600
overall_header.tpl 7 k 600
posting_body.tpl 19 k 600
posting_poll_body.tpl 2 k 600
posting_preview.tpl 0 k 600
posting_smilies.tpl 2 k 600
posting_topic_review.tpl 2 k 600
privmsgs_body.tpl 5 k 600
privmsgs_popup.tpl 0 k 600
privmsgs_preview.tpl 1 k 600
privmsgs_read_body.tpl 3 k 600
profile_add_body.tpl 12 k 600
profile_avatar_gallery.tpl 1 k 600
profile_send_email.tpl 2 k 600
profile_send_pass.tpl 1 k 600
profile_view_body.tpl 4 k 600
readme.html 19 k 600
search_body.tpl 3 k 600
search_results_posts.tpl 2 k 600
search_results_topics.tpl 2 k 600
search_username.tpl 1 k 600
simple_footer.tpl 2 k 600
simple_header.tpl 1 k 600
theme_info.cfg 1 k 600
viewforum_body.tpl 5 k 600
viewonline_body.tpl 2 k 600
viewtopic_body.tpl 5 k 600
viewtopic_poll_ballot.tpl 1 k 600
viewtopic_poll_result.tpl 1 k 600

There the files it unzipped and here is wat my Screen in admin panel looks like
Styles Administration
The following list contains all the themes that are available for the templates you currently have. The items on this list have not yet been installed into the phpBB database. To install a theme, simply click the install link beside an entry.

Style Template Action

Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001 phpBB Group

Peopel please help

The Reaper
Forums: Review Forums
Da Reaper has you
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty »

Copy files from templates/subSilver/admin/ to templates/Solaris/admin/
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
Ferra_Dubrinsky

Gotta question..err questions

Post by Ferra_Dubrinsky »

:oops: hi, i have a question... well a couple of questions really.

i have been doing html for the past year, and i am going to ITT to earn my assosiates in Multimedia.

I just recently started my own website, www.ferradubrinsky.com and though it is up and running, it as of yet has to be completed. I finaly figured out how to add the phpbb forum, and low and behold to my surprize, my site came with a phpbb forum!
(my site is perchased from host dept.)

Kail, your Solaris fits perfectly with the theme to my site, i have uploaded it, and have it working now...(after 3 days of bungling and hair-pulling)

my questions are, I can't get it to display the forum name. i wanted to know if it would be ok if i modified the blank_forumlogo with my forum's name?

second question is, i have no idea which of the files to switch out the "forumlogo" with the "blank_forumlogo"

and i don't want to have to go through all the drama of the past 3 days to try to re-upload if i fudge the style up really bad.

could ya help? please, please. pretty please?

TY Ferra Dubrinsky
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Replacing the logo with your own is simple. You edit the blank forumlogo in your favorite graphics editing software, I use Macromedia Fireworks, then save the file as forumlogo.jpg and upload it to your phpBB2/templates/Solaris/images directory.

Ferra_Dubrinsky

Post by Ferra_Dubrinsky »

TY Very Very Very much!!!

***mutters to self... 'why the hell didn't i think of that!'***
AmeriCatIdol

Amazing!!

Post by AmeriCatIdol »

This template is awesome ... simply awesome. Thanks for posting it ... it gives the rest of us an example of how well things can really be done.

Best regards,
Sheila

and

Tucker (CattorneyAtLaw and THE AmeriCatIdol!!)
Hi, my name is Tucker, and I am the one and only AmeriCat Idol. Please visit me at my web sites at: http://www.AmeriCatIdol.com and http://www.ForensicDomains.com.
solman

Won't show up

Post by solman »

Hey I read the instructions. I followed them to a T but the your theme won't show up. I was wondering if you had any suggestions? I've tried removing it and installing it again.

http://myweb.homelinux.org

I should add i'm using the 2.0.10 of the forum.
Mad Scientist
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Follow the instructions then remember to also change template in your profile as well as making sure the old style isn't set to override in the Admin Panel -> Configuration screen.

solman

Post by solman »

Kail wrote: make sure the old style isn't set to override in the Admin Panel -> Configuration screen.

How exactly do I do that? I've got the theme working on the the regular forum but I did notice that it's over riding my admin. By the way it's so kick ass man. Bravo.
Mad Scientist
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty »

solman wrote:
Kail wrote:make sure the old style isn't set to override in the Admin Panel -> Configuration screen.

How exactly do I do that?

Login as admin, go to admin control panel, click on "general configuration" and you'll see that option right below styles selection
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
mattmotion

Please please please

Post by mattmotion »

I've looked over this topic and it's posts, and found a few references to Photoshop, but nothing definite.

IS there a photoshop file that you or anyone has? I really wanted to change the color of the planet and add a few things to the atmosphere and landmasses, but there doesn't seem to currently be a viable way to do this in Fireworks...

The only thing I could figure to do was export to a PSD, but that certainly doesn't work...photoshop can't end up reading the result...

And besides that, the planet layers would be wrong even IF the PSD was able to load in Photoshop...the transparent gray box doesn't exist in the correct place.

There are numerous fixes I could think of, including me loading up ALL the individual end images from the Solaris image folder and compositing them in the correct spots, but that would take, I dunno, days?

Another would be to try and export the images I need from Fireworks, except with what I've tried thus far does no good at all.

Please, please, pretty please with lots of sugar and cherries on top, tell me if there is a PSD that exists anywhere? I LOVE the solaris theme...I just have a need, for the gaming world I am working on, to change the whole planet's color and layout.

Anyway, hope this message reaches you, and, once again, the theme kicks serious ass!

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”