[Release] Solaris (1.13) for phpBB 2.0.20! UPDATED!!!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Sean-Michael

Post by Sean-Michael »

Man Id love to use this awesome style but as a few others posted like Chevy, when I upload the style and everything is set properly the style simple doesnt show up in the ADD menu, :cry:

No if I select to "create" I have the option to use Solaris as a templete but... then I get the .... debug mode.... and I have to use Fix_1.php to get back...

Please is there any fix for this? I can try to provide more info about my end if that helps... Using the current .18 version.

Thankyou in advance for any help! :)
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Seems your phpBB installation is the problem here. Installing MODs can cause unpredictable behavior so remove them and try with a plain vanilla install instead.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!
Sean-Michael

Post by Sean-Michael »

Im not sure if you where referening to me or not, if I'll add that in my case this is a fresh install with not mods at all except for the BBtech style...

Is it because I'm using board version 2.0.18?
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

New version released. See first post for downloads.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
noth

Post by noth »

Could we . P L E A S E . have a proper tutorial on how to make a futher 5 buttons that will go alongside the standard eight buttons supplied

despite what has been said previously in this thread, WE ARE NOT ALL GRAPHICS EXPERTS

many admins want to add buttons

surely this is not that unreasonable

I need 5 buttons to go down in an extra column but this throws out the original 8 buttons causing the background to be wrong, so it is not just a matter of adding the buttons but adjusting the coding as well :cry:
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Ok, I will try and do that at some point. It would be later this spring.

hkbaq

problem with solais 1.12

Post by hkbaq »

i just installed php bb forum 2.19 for the first time in a new database.

i was using the subsilver and it worked perfectly

i installed solaris just like the instructions said with no problem.....but it just dosen't work

all the image links are with a "?" and it looks pretty ugly....

ae301.com

hystory of what happened:
i had the problem intially because i installed version 1.01.....but then realized it was an old version....uninstalled it, deleted it and uploaded the new theme and it still dosen't work.

please help(and thank you for solaris...it's awesome)
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

No idea, never heard of this before. Are you sure you uploaded every single file?

renjer

Post by renjer »

Hi, is Solaris compatible with phpbb 2.0.20?
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Yes, get it at my site.

AleSSaNDRo

Post by AleSSaNDRo »

Please translate buttons in Italian :)
WebMaster of MondoWeb.net - Crea il tuo forum gratis (free hosting forum)
I'm italian! :) Sorry for my bad english :oops:
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

I will when I get some spare time! In the meantime you're welcome to download the button graphics kit and make your own.

SAK `

Post by SAK ` »

Hmm. I thought it would be great if every skin you release also contains additional PSD's for customizing headers, skinning, and such. :P

Of course, throughout my side of the skin development, I know I been keeping track of GFX development kits for the past three skins I got. :wink:
The Serial AD Killa trademark is no more. 2003-2007
redlion4

Post by redlion4 »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the pop up box when a new PM arrives. It is not working for the Solaris theme, but continues to work okay in the subSilver theme.

Yes, several mods have been applied to our forum - calendar, split topic, merge topic, being the big ones. The pop up notification stopped working after these (not sure which one).

What theme files do I need to be debugging to get this pop up back working?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
redlion4

Post by redlion4 »

Found the answer. Calendar mod made changes to overall_header.tpl and I had incorrectly commented out the following line of code:

Code: Select all

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
Pulled out out the comment tags and bingo, pop up notification was back in action. Guess I had to post here to get off my own back side and track down the mistake.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”