[Release] Solaris (1.13) for phpBB 2.0.20! UPDATED!!!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
caporal blutch

Post by caporal blutch » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:35 am

Hi Kail,

i mean a version with width tables at 100% and not at 750px
Last edited by caporal blutch on Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:57 am

This template is fixed width, that's it. I have no plans to make a 100% wide version. It would just screw up the whole design, and the transparency effect. Changing that would just make this template a yellow version of SpacePilot3K.
Although I guess there's one way, just got an idea. Either way, it's not something I prioritize highly now, so it'll take a while.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!

caporal blutch

Post by caporal blutch » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:04 am

Thx Kail. I will try to fix my fixed width not fixed ;)

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:09 am

caporal blutch wrote: Thx Kail. I will try to fix my fixed width not fixed ;)

Well, I'm sure it'll be a mess. Nothing personal but I see no way how it could be done well with the current layout.
If you try it, and you're without my support in this, I don't like people messing with my designs although I usually don't object if people ask for permission as I know they'd do it anyway. If you do it, at least make sure you edit the footer so that it reads it's a modification and not the original template.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.

Black Fluffy Lion
Former Team Member

Post by Black Fluffy Lion » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:26 pm

Wow, great job Kail, that is one sweet template :D

caporal blutch

Post by caporal blutch » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:40 pm

Kail wrote: Well, I'm sure it'll be a mess. Nothing personal but I see no way how it could be done well with the current layout.
If you try it, and you're without my support in this, I don't like people messing with my designs although I usually don't object if people ask for permission as I know they'd do it anyway. If you do it, at least make sure you edit the footer so that it reads it's a modification and not the original template.

don't worry i just wanna solve the problem

Jon Reid

Post by Jon Reid » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:57 pm

thats simply stunning, an amazing piece of work, what more can I say !?

Well Done !
Administrator of Star Trek Online || Moderator of The Admin Zone

cifroes

Post by cifroes » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:14 am

congrats, this is one of my top3 styles for phpbb :)

dolphin_d

Should make tarball

Post by dolphin_d » Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:43 pm

You should also have a tarball for this, as there are Linux users who don't have pkunzip installed on their machines. All linux systems (and very few windows systems) have a 'tar' utility.

I have managed to create the tarball for you. It's compressed down to 252 KB, which is smaller than your ZIP File. (If only they'd put that good ol' tar utility on windows computers by default, things would be compressed even smaller) And yes, you can use Winzip to open this file.

http://www.planetsaphire.com/solaris_100.tar.gz

and yes...looks good on my site - http://www.planetsaphire.com/board
Last edited by dolphin_d on Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trust

Post by Trust » Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:04 pm

It's a nice theme. Beautiful piece of code... how did you do that, that buttons are faded and if you login they aren't anymore? Great Job!

8/10

Crumblylettuce

Post by Crumblylettuce » Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:21 pm

Kail wrote:
Crumblylettuce wrote:the only bad thing about it is its a lil hard to modify the logo

Did you read the readme file? Do that, it's the readme.html file found in the Solaris folder. Look in the Extras section and read what it says. I've actually included a blank forum logo to make it easier for people to create new logos.

right, thanks alot, i havn't viewed all the files, as i havn't tried downloading it, but thanks alot for letting me know!

bye bye

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail » Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:48 pm

Trust wrote: It's a nice theme. Beautiful piece of code... how did you do that, that buttons are faded and if you login they aren't anymore? Great Job!

8/10

I made a small script to take care of that. It's in overall_header.tpl, feel free to use it as you wish as long as you credit me. I hope more template designers will find it useful.

dolphin_d: Thanks for creating the tarball. Will make it available as soon as I can.

Trust

Post by Trust » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:33 pm

Can you send me the code by PM? And ofcourse, I will putt your credit into the copyright ;)

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:48 pm

Download Solaris and have a look at overall_header.tpl.

Trust

Post by Trust » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:54 pm

Stupid me, yes ofcourse, download it right now ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”