Change style of quotes

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
retroworld

Change style of quotes

Post by retroworld »

i want the quotes with a ...... line around it (in dutch it's called a gestippelde lijn, but i don't know the english word) but don't know which template file to edit and what part and was curious how to do this?

quote:
: this is where they quote :
: what they want to quote:
:........................................:

so the lines in the quote have little 'spaces' in it, how to do it?? i've seen it in some forums but don't know what files to edit en what code to use :(
suncream

Post by suncream »

Do you just want a dotted border round the quote box?

All you need to do is find the css code for .quote (which will either be in overall_header.tpl or the templates css file) and change the border style from "solid" to "dotted"

Hope this helps :)
retroworld

Post by retroworld »

well, i'm using the phpVB2 style and this one doesn't have any css codes for quote, so i'll have to modify a .tpl file with the quote part in it... but which one is it? btw, if you check http://www.retroworld.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=49 you'll notice the quotes have just <hr>'s above and below and i want to change all that!
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Try looking at bbcode.tpl that should contain the bit you need to change. There are 3 following blocks in there related to quotes.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”