EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.8 released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
LLivingLarge

Post by LLivingLarge » Sun May 25, 2003 1:39 pm

I use SmartFTP to upload and move. I use WebFTP on Lycos to edit.

(Windows IS capable of CHMOD, go to the FTP browser in IE and click on properties. I use SmartFTP whenever I need to CHMOD and have never had any problems.)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 1:55 pm

That is not what I am asking. On the EM installer you are asked to set a write method and a move method. What are you setting for those?

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

LLivingLarge

Post by LLivingLarge » Sun May 25, 2003 1:59 pm

I'm using the default settings.

File Access

Server
Server
Copy

FTP Information

ftp.members.lycos.co.uk/
[my login]
[my password]

GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley » Sun May 25, 2003 2:17 pm

LLivingLarge wrote: ftp.members.lycos.co.uk/

I think this is wrong.... you should have something like phpBB2 or public_html/phpBB2.

GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley » Sun May 25, 2003 2:19 pm

Nuttzy, I have a suggestion for the next update:
Make all files that EasyMOD makes/edits/etc. stay in their original file format, as I'm using a Windows XP and I have known file extensions turned off, making it hard to re-name all those txt files if I had to do something manually.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun May 25, 2003 3:56 pm

By changelog I mean a list of mods installed with date, ordered by mod or by files modified, in order to have a packed history of what happened to the board :). Purpose : information to other webmasters, and upgrade help tool of a phpBB version using the modified files pack provided.
  • ie view1 :
    2003/05/25: BBcode left-right
    - viewprofile.php
    - privmsg.php
    - includes/bbcode.php
    - templates/subSilver/bbcode.tpl

2003/05/01: No img in post
    - includes/bbcode.php

etc.

view 2:
    includes/bbcode.php
    - 2003/05/25 : BBcode left-right
    - 2003/05/01 : No img in post

etc.

Historisation of the lines modified is at this time I think difficultly doable, as you have to identify which lines where modified using easymod (quite easy), and which ones have been modified on the fly (much more difficult), and also to determine if this modification "by hand" was done in link with one or more mods installed by easymod (tricky isn't it ? ;)). As everybody is the host of his home, so coding the modifications of their board as they find them the best, I don't think this will ever be possible (it would be a hughe work to do some cognitive reverse engeneering, and of less use). But without this reverse engeneering, I don't think uninstalling mods could be possible without having a high level risk of having some issues. (and BTW, historisation in the file require a MUTE function to be add to the official template :P).

Questions

Post by Questions » Sun May 25, 2003 4:09 pm

Nuttzy......thanks man, how you told me to change the mods to 777 it got the errors away, but i still have a critical error

Code: Select all

Installation Failed
EasyMOD encountered the following error(s). A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.

Critical Error

Could not open [templates/SubSilver/overall_header.tpl] for reading.
MOD script line #262
what exactly does the (A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.) mean??
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 4:41 pm

LLivingLarge wrote: I'm using the default settings.

File Access

Server
Server
Copy

FTP Information

ftp.members.lycos.co.uk/
[my login]
[my password]
FYI, since you are not using any of the EM FTP write/move options then the FTP info is irrelevant ;) It seems to me that the mods/EasyMOD/process and mods/EasyMOD/backups directories were created on a prior installation and this is why you cannot write in the mods/EasyMOD/process/language/lang_english directory. Try deleting those directories and try the install again. write=server should work for you, but the inablity to chmod could be a problem. move=copy I'm not sure if that is going to work for you. You may need to try move=ftp, but definitely try move=copy first.

Good luck!

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 4:45 pm

GPHemsley wrote: Make all files that EasyMOD makes/edits/etc. stay in their original file format, as I'm using a Windows XP and I have known file extensions turned off, making it hard to re-name all those txt files if I had to do something manually.
The reason for the .txt is for security so that no one can run whatever files are in your mods directories. But what you say makes sense too. Good idea and pretty easy - to do: make a option for having or not having ".txt" on the end

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 4:52 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: ie view1 :
2003/05/25: BBcode left-right
- viewprofile.php
- privmsg.php
- includes/bbcode.php

2003/05/01: No img in post
- includes/bbcode.php

etc.
Where do you propose this information be stored? In the DB? Not sure if I want to do that unless there is a more clear need.
view 2:
includes/bbcode.php
- 2003/05/25 : BBcode left-right
- 2003/05/01 : No img in post

etc.
I like this. It would be easy to store this in the header of the file.

(and BTW, historisation in the file require a MUTE function to be add to the official template :P).
And MUTE would be a pain in the butt for the FIND command with all the duplicate info being added ;) I can see a way around that though, so I'll at least remain open-minded to it :P

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:00 pm

Questions wrote: Could not open [templates/SubSilver/overall_header.tpl] for reading.
MOD script line #262
Uh.... whoever wrote the MOD has a problem. It's not "SubSilver", it should be "subSilver" with a small "s" in front. There is no getting around case sensitivity on this, it must be case sensitive b/c the directory names are such.
what exactly does the (A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.) mean??
It means that you are getting an error that would only appear if something stupid happens and I didn't feel like making the error message for that yet :P

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:01 pm

FYI, I replied to everyone's message up to this point. If I have not then that means I forgot about ya, so you need to post again ;)

LLivingLarge

Post by LLivingLarge » Sun May 25, 2003 5:02 pm

Nuttzy99 wrote: FYI, since you are not using any of the EM FTP write/move options then the FTP info is irrelevant ;) It seems to me that the mods/EasyMOD/process and mods/EasyMOD/backups directories were created on a prior installation and this is why you cannot write in the mods/EasyMOD/process/language/lang_english directory. Try deleting those directories and try the install again. write=server should work for you, but the inablity to chmod could be a problem. move=copy I'm not sure if that is going to work for you. You may need to try move=ftp, but definitely try move=copy first.

Good luck!

Those directories don't exist and never have. This is the first time I've ever tried to install EasyMOD.

Questions

Post by Questions » Sun May 25, 2003 5:04 pm

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Questions wrote:Could not open [templates/SubSilver/overall_header.tpl] for reading.
MOD script line #262
Uh.... whoever wrote the MOD has a problem. It's not "SubSilver", it should be "subSilver" with a small "s" in front. There is no getting around case sensitivity on this, it must be case sensitive b/c the directory names are such.
It means that you are getting an error that would only appear if something stupid happens and I didn't feel like making the error message for that yet :P

lol....thanks....im going to check this and see if it works then.....
but also im it wont install the Country Flags that you included.....
i'll post the error when i test out the new install direction thing.....

brb
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)

Questions

Post by Questions » Sun May 25, 2003 5:09 pm

ok, first of all, i just wanted to remind you that the db alterations task is disabled...lol...so i had to manually do that, no biggie.....

here's an error i got at the very end(for the board message xl mod)

Warning: Unable to create '..//': Is a directory in /home/sicclyri/public_html/demo/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1708

General Error 
Critical Error: COPY ERROR: could not move file [./mods/board_msg_xl/board_message_xl.php] to [..//]
ATTEMPING REMAINDER OF POST PROCESS
and also for the country flags......

Installation Failed
EasyMOD encountered the following error(s). A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$location = $userdata['user_from']; 

MOD script line #240
thanks Nuttzy

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”