EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.8 released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:34 am

Josh Windu wrote: but when I get the ftp info right it eather doesnt load the next page or it takes ages and whne it does load it says: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/decoder/public_html/cacfe/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1250
Wierd. So you are successfully making an FTP connection and most likely are logging in. But then failing on the PUT. Is this in the installer or is it already installed? What are you using for write and copy methods? If you can, post the installer scan of your permissions (the left side that says OK or failed next to things).

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:38 am

Rism wrote: but when i go to easymod in my acp i get
Warning: main() [function.main]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.
Even though the installer says its already installed, run it again and post up the scan of your permissions. What are you using for write and copy methods? If you have /tmp write access and FTP access then you should be using write=tmp and server=ftp to elminate the problem with safe mode. Otherwise you will need to chmod -R the mods folder and try running the script. If you aren't sure on how to do that, then you may be best off downloading the files and manually moving them into place.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Re: easy question

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:42 am

netzr0 wrote: (is there a reason you check the stat of a file and not the directory?)
Not sure what you mean by "check the stat". If you mean check the permissions, I really don't even do that. I just check to make sure I can write and over-write files by actually doing it ;)
The question i have is, i want to test this out with other mods.
Do i just unzip them in the admin/mods directory? and then go to the APC "Install MODs " ???
Exactly right :D

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:44 am

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: upload process
Actualy this will be an "add" button on the "Unprocessed MODs" screen, in order to upload a mod dir to the admin/mod dir.
FYI, the MOD Team has been kicking around an idea of installing MODs directly from phpbb.com without even downloading them ;)

Rism

Post by Rism » Sun May 25, 2003 5:45 am

how can i run it again if it wont let me?

Write: on screen
Copy: copy

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:46 am

AbelaJohnB wrote: @Nuttzy, awesome, awesome, awesome job man!!!
Thanks Boss :D

smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll » Sun May 25, 2003 5:48 am

:'( the parser isn't in a function or set of functions in a class
ohh well, more work for me if I wan't to create a c# assembly

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:50 am

Rism wrote: how can i run it again if it wont let me?
I'm not saying it will run, I'm saying it will display something like...

Code: Select all

read access       :: OK
write access      :: OK
root path write   :: failed
chmod access      :: OK
unlink access     :: OK
mkdir access      :: OK
tmp path write    :: failed
FTP extension     :: OK
copy access       :: OK
...so I can see what permissions you have.
Write: on screen
Copy: copy
The program is pretty slick, but it isn't magic. There is no way to use "copy" if you are writing it "on screen". Post up the permissions scan and we'll see if we can get you fixed up ;)

Rism

Post by Rism » Sun May 25, 2003 5:52 am

welll lol

you hit the nail on the head

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:56 am

Davidls wrote: :'( the parser isn't in a function or set of functions in a class
ohh well, more work for me if I wan't to create a c# assembly
Uh... good point. It would be easy for me to make the parser into a class, I just had no reason to do so. Actually I guess I do b/c the installer needs to use many of the same functions and I had to write wrapper functions for a lot of the stuff. So perhaps in the next release I'll make it a bit more OOP. The good news is that the parser is greatly simplified now from the previous version so you should be able to find your way around a lot easier now ;)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 6:03 am

Rism wrote: welll lol

you hit the nail on the head
Hahaha, same as Kazer0 ;) You even have Safe Mode like him! Your settings should be write=server and copy=ftp (assuming you have FTP access). One thing though, you'll probably need to chmod the directories for all the MODs you download to make sure you give world write access. I hope you know chmod is b/c I don't have the energy to explain it right now :P

So you are going to need to reinstall EM (never really got installed in the first place). Do you have phpMyAdmin? You need to browse the phpbb_config table, look for an entry for "EM_version" and change the version to "0.0.7" or something (as long as it is not 0.0.8 ). After this you will be able to use the installer again.

Rism

Post by Rism » Sun May 25, 2003 6:05 am

i know what CHMOD is (thank god) and thnx alot ill try it now

Rism

Post by Rism » Sun May 25, 2003 6:20 am

in step 3 i get this error

Parsing: language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 540 is not allowed to access /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/processed owned by uid 99 in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1398

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 540 is not allowed to access /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/processed owned by uid 99 in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1403

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Unable to access ./processed/language/ in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1404

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1404

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 540 is not allowed to access /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/processed owned by uid 99 in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1398

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 540 is not allowed to access /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/processed owned by uid 99 in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1403

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Unable to access ./processed/language/lang_english/ in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1404

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1404

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 540 is not allowed to access /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/backups owned by uid 99 in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1424

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 540 is not allowed to access /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/backups owned by uid 99 in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1429

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Unable to access ./backups/language/ in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1430

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1430

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 540 is not allowed to access /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/backups owned by uid 99 in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1424

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 540 is not allowed to access /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/backups owned by uid 99 in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1429

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Unable to access ./backups/language/lang_english/ in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1430

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/yury/public_html/forum/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1430

what did i do wrong now?

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sun May 25, 2003 6:27 am

Wierd. Gotta be something about your permissions set wrong or something. The way the installer reports that you have mkdir access is b/c it actually makes one and then deletes it. See if there is something you can figure out. I going to bed! It worked for Kazer0 so it's gotta work for you to!?!?!

Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu » Sun May 25, 2003 6:29 am

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Josh Windu wrote:but when I get the ftp info right it eather doesnt load the next page or it takes ages and whne it does load it says: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/decoder/public_html/cacfe/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1250
Wierd. So you are successfully making an FTP connection and most likely are logging in. But then failing on the PUT. Is this in the installer or is it already installed? What are you using for write and copy methods? If you can, post the installer scan of your permissions (the left side that says OK or failed next to things).

read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: failed
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
copy access :: OK

The chmod access, write access and unlink access are only OK because I chmodded the admin and mods and easymod.

I am trying to install on

Reading: server (only option for now)
Writing: tmp write & ftp server is recommended
Moving: automated FTP automated FTP is recommended
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”