EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.9c released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
DuffBeer

Post by DuffBeer »

GPHemsley wrote:
chAos wrote:Nuttzy, do you want us to report bugs in this thread?

Of course, this is the EasyMOD thread, for everything EasyMOD related. ;)

I never knew you were Nuttzy :o :P
GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

DuffBeer wrote: I never knew you were Nuttzy :o :P

Yeah, OK, where did you come from? If you would have read this topic, I help answer things when Nuttzy's not here, and I have been since 0.0.8, so don't come butting in now....
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

GP (and everyone else chipping in with support), I really appreciate your help! However, I need you people to be a little kinder and more patient with people. If the smack-down needs to be delivered, leave that for me :lol: I'll also be in charge of making the sarcastic comments ;)

But again, I do appreciate your help!

Thanks!
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!
DuffBeer

Post by DuffBeer »

GPHemsley wrote:
DuffBeer wrote: I never knew you were Nuttzy :o :P
so don't come butting in now....

erm, ok, I guess you did'nt see the humour side of it, sorry. :|
kiakos

Post by kiakos »

Nuttzy please help me :(
Look my post in the page before
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

DuffBeer wrote: erm, ok, I guess you did'nt see the humour side of it, sorry. :|

Nope, sorry about that. I certainly wasn't feeling my best, and at the time, it didn't really seem that funny... Sorry about that.. :oops:
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

kiakos wrote: Nuttzy please help me :(
Look my post in the page before

Well, I'm not too familiar with the Extended Debug Info (i.e. the definition of ftpa and ftpb), but have you tried the recommended settings? If yes and this is another try afterwards, could you tell me what these setting are (:lol:), unless Nuttzy comes back before that. ;)
chickeneater

Post by chickeneater »

me too... how do I uninstall easymod to reinstall?
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

/me enters support mode ;)

@chickeneater: how the heck did you get it installed in the first place? Your doing things without waiting for my instructions is going to drive me crazy! :P What you need to do is change the setting in the phpbb_config table for EM_version from "0.0.9c" to anything else!! Like 0.0.9c-1 would be fine or even leaving it empty will be fine. Once that is done run the installer again and use the FTP path I said to try.

You should be able to change the EM_version setting through phpMyAdmin. If you don't know how, then my trusty assistant GP will probably be nice enough to guide you through it though PM if you ask him. Or even better, maybe he will write a guick little script for you that will change it, that way other folks could use it too ;) I've already seen him write a nice little thing to retrieve other settings :D

Good luck,
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

kiakos wrote: What I making wrong?
It's possible you aren't doing anything wrong. At least 2 other people have reported that their FTP server doesn't like when EM tries to change directories using a path like "admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../admin".

I will try to write a little debug script to test if this is really the problem. Unfortunately you will probably have to wait until the next version for this to be fixed. But at least we can find out if this is the actual problem.

Sorry :( and thanks ;)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

chAos wrote: Nuttzy, do you want us to report bugs in this thread?
Glad to see you are giving it a try! I would be very happy to receive and bug reports you have :D BTW people, chAos is awesome so treat him nicely!! :D

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

UPDATE: I have some responbilities for the MOD Team I need to take care of this week. So I probably won't be able to do any coding. I will try to do support on this thread every day though. The good news is that once I get these other tasks out the way, I can begin work on 0.0.10. The goal of 0.0.10 will be to get all the current features working as well as they should.

I'm pretty much limited to just some time on the weekends when I can code. I estimate that it will probably take 4 or 5 weekends to get 0.0.10 out the door. But whenever I come up with an estimate, I always like to double it. So that means 8 to 10 weekends. But I never hit my estimates, so you should probably double it again. So that would mean it should be from 16 to 20 weekends before 0.0.10 is released :P

Hopefully I'm overestimating this time :lol:

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

And here comes "Loopin'" Nuttzy :mrgreen:. May I suggest 0.1.0 as a version number if you plan to handle the sql statements, as the 0.0.x are far now from the first serious attempt that was the 0.0.7 :).
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Nuttzy99 wrote: Or even better, maybe he will write a guick little script for you that will change it, that way other folks could use it too ;)

You bet I can. :D

Click here to download EasyMOD Version Changer.

Just unzip the files, upload the admin_emversionchanger.php in the /admin/ folder and mod_emversionchanger.tpl into your template admin folder (e.g. /templates/subSilver/admin/). You can access the page from the Admin Panel. It'll be right above the other 3 EasyMOD links in the side navigation panel.

Enjoy! :D
chickeneater

Post by chickeneater »

thanks hemsley :)

on step 4 out of 5 I get this, but not sure if I want to confirm:
Installing EasyMOD alpha 3 (0.0.9c)
by Nuttzy

Step 4 (of 5): Depending on your selection, the modified files have been automatically moved into place or prepared for you to move them manually. If there are no errors, click the "Confirm" button to update your database and complete the installation process.

Adding EasyMOD table to your database
Executing SQL: CREATE TABLE phpbba6_easymod ( mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' auto_increment, mod_title varchar(50) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_file varchar(50) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_version varchar(15) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_handle varchar(25) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_email varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_name varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_url varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_description text NULL DEFAULT '', mod_process_date int(11) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_phpBB_version varchar(15) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_processed_themes varchar(200) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_processed_langs varchar(200) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_files_edited mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_tables_added mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_tables_altered mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_rows_inserted mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (mod_id))

Progress :: . Done
Result :: No errors

Completing Post-Process
Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../language/lang_english]
Current dir: [/phpBB2]
ATTEMPING REMAINDER OF POST PROCESS
Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../admin]
Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../admin]
Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../language/lang_english]
Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../templates/subSilver/admin]
Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../templates/subSilver/admin]
Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../templates/subSilver/images]
Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/EasyMOD/../../../templates/subSilver/images]

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”