EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.9c released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
PK Barbie Doll

Post by PK Barbie Doll » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:10 pm

Installing EasyMOD alpha 3 (0.0.9c)
by Nuttzy

Step 3 (of 5)...

Processing Files
Parsing: language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 594 is not allowed to access ./processed owned by uid 48 in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1804

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 594 is not allowed to access ./backups owned by uid 48 in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1832

Error

Critical Error

Could not open [./processed/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php.txt] for writing.

Expanded Debug Info
(formatted for forum posting)
EM installer v0.0.9c wrote: phpBB version: 2.0.5
Working Dir: /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/mods/EasyMOD
Install Step: 3
Mode:
The Error wrote: Critical Error

Could not open [./processed/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php.txt] for writing.

Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: failed
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: failed
FTP extension :: OK
copy access :: failed

Recommendations:
write: server
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write: server
move: ftpa
ftp dir: /var/www/html/forums

CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

drwxrwxrwx . 
drwxrwxrwx .. 
−rw−r−−r−− easymod_install.php 
−rw−r−−r−− lang_easymod.php 
−rw−r−−r−− admin_easymod_functions.php 
−rw−r−−r−− easymod.gif 
drwxrwxrwx includes 
drwxrwxrwx processed 
drwxrwxrwx backups 

Testing FTP access...

1) Logged in successfully
2) CD to EasyMOD path successfully
3) wrote to phpBB root successfully

FTP access test :: successful

Any suggestions? :)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:41 pm

PK Barbie Doll wrote: Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 594 is not allowed to access ./processed owned by uid 48 in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1804

Yes I do ;) Since you have Safe Mode, you are not going to be able to write the files. Therefore you should use "buffer & ftp" for the write method and you'll be good to go ;) Let us know if that works for ya!

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

PK Barbie Doll

Post by PK Barbie Doll » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:47 pm

I fixed the problem by manually chmodding the processed & backup directories (and subdirectories).

PK Barbie Doll

Post by PK Barbie Doll » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:47 pm

Nuttzy99 wrote:
PK Barbie Doll wrote:Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 594 is not allowed to access ./processed owned by uid 48 in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/mods/EasyMOD/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1804

Yes I do ;) Since you have Safe Mode, you are not going to be able to write the files. Therefore you should use "buffer & ftp" for the write method and you'll be good to go ;) Let us know if that works for ya!

Oops, I'm a little late for that, but it works now :)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:06 pm

Well, that works for the install but you'll have to do that each time you install a MOD. I suggest you change the settings to use FTP in the Admin Control Panel.

PK Barbie Doll

Post by PK Barbie Doll » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:17 pm

I found out the hard way just now. :roll:

I went to the EasyMOD Settings page, entered password and none of the info I used when I setup was there. So I added it again, clicked Update Settings. Still getting a zillion errors. Went back to Settings and none of the info I just entered is there.

Here's just a sampling of the two dozen or so errors I got (after updating the Settings page)
Warning: mkdir() failed (Permission denied) in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1804

Warning: Unable to access ./mods/quick_search/processed in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1805

Warning: chmod failed: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1805

One thing I noticed was that the select options for File Access were like this:

Reading
[server]

Writing
[server]
[download]
[onscreen]

Moving
[copy]
[automated FTP]
[execute script]
[manually load]

Does that look kosher?

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:22 pm

I just never got around to auto-completing with the old info. The update does work. However it looks like the "buffer & ftp" option appears as a blank option with no text. Try selecting the blank option.

EDIT: damn! that's not going to work. There is a bug on the admin ever since I added a new option in 9c. Will have to fix it for ya. Hang tight ;)

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB » Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:16 pm

Select Language :: English
Database type :: mysql
phpBB version :: 2.0.5
EasyMOD version :: 0.0.9c
EM status :: New Install

File Access Info
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: failed
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: module not loaded
copy access :: failed

##################

Step 2 (of 5): EasyMOD is now confirming your file access settings.

Testing selected write method
Write access method confirmed!
The modified files will be written on the server.

Testing selected move method
Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully
2) CD to EasyMOD path successfully
3) wrote to phpBB root successfully
Move access method confirmed!
The core phpBB files will automatically be replaced by modified files via FTP.

##################

Step 3 (of 5): EasyMOD is now installing itself as it would any MOD. There is a two step process of first creating the modified files and then moving them into place. The modified file(s) do no effect the core phpBB files in any way until the next step. Click the "Complete Processing" button to move the files into place.

Processing Files
Parsing: language/lang_english/lang_admin.php
Finding: $lang['Styles']
Insert after:
// EASYMOD-start
$lang['Modifications'] = 'MOD Center';
// EASYMOD-end

Finding: $lang['Restore_DB']
Insert after:
// EASYMOD-start
$lang['MOD_ainstall'] = 'Install MODs';
$lang['MOD_settings'] = 'EasyMOD Settings';
$lang['MOD_history'] = 'EasyMOD History';
$lang['MOD_control_tag'] = '0.0.9c';
// EASYMOD-end

Building Post Process Actions
The following actions will be executed in the final step: copy ../../../language/lang_english/lang_admin.php ./backups/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php.txt
copy ./processed/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php.txt ../../../language/lang_english/lang_admin.php
copy includes/admin_easymod.php.txt ../../../admin/admin_easymod.php
copy admin_easymod_functions.php ../../../admin/admin_easymod_functions.php
copy lang_easymod.php ../../../language/lang_english/lang_easymod.php
copy includes/mod_complete.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_complete.tpl
copy includes/mod_header.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_header.tpl
copy includes/mod_history.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl
copy includes/mod_install.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_install.tpl
copy includes/mod_login.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_login.tpl
copy includes/mod_process.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_process.tpl
copy includes/mod_settings.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_settings.tpl
copy includes/mod_sql_body.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_sql_body.tpl
copy easymod.gif ../../../templates/subSilver/images/easymod.gif
copy includes/emc.gif ../../../templates/subSilver/images/emc.gif
copy includes/mod_complete.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_complete.tpl
copy includes/mod_history.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_history.tpl
copy includes/mod_install.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_install.tpl
copy includes/mod_process.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_process.tpl
copy includes/mod_settings.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_settings.tpl
copy includes/mod_sql_body.tpl ../../../templates/subSilver/admin/mod_sql_body.tpl

##################

Step 4 (of 5): Depending on your selection, the modified files have been automatically moved into place or prepared for you to move them manually. If there are no errors, click the "Confirm" button to update your database and complete the installation process.

Adding EasyMOD table to your database
Executing SQL: CREATE TABLE phpbb_easymod ( mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' auto_increment, mod_title varchar(50) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_file varchar(50) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_version varchar(15) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_handle varchar(25) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_email varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_name varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_author_url varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_description text NULL DEFAULT '', mod_process_date int(11) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_phpBB_version varchar(15) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_processed_themes varchar(200) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_processed_langs varchar(200) NULL DEFAULT '', mod_files_edited mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_tables_added mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_tables_altered mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', mod_rows_inserted mediumint(8) NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (mod_id))

Progress :: . Done
Result :: No errors

##################

Final Step: EasyMOD is now confirming all files have been correctly moved into place. If confirmed, then your database will be updated and installation will be complete!

Confirming Modifications
lang_admin.php, looking for: $lang['MOD_control_tag'] = '0.0.9c
Confirmed!

admin_easymod.php, looking for: admin_easymod.php,v 0.0.9c
Confirmed!

mod_install.tpl: verifying existence
Confirmed!

Updating EasyMOD table data
Storing config table entries: Done

Executing SQL: INSERT INTO phpbb_easymod ( mod_title, mod_file, mod_version, mod_author_handle, mod_author_email, mod_author_name, mod_author_url, mod_description, mod_process_date, mod_phpBB_version, mod_processed_themes, mod_processed_langs, mod_files_edited, mod_tables_added, mod_tables_altered, mod_rows_inserted) VALUES ( 'EasyMOD', 'EasyMOD/easymod_install.php', '0.0.9c', 'Nuttzy', 'pktoolkit@blizzhackers.com', 'n/a', 'http://www.blizzhackers.com', 'EasyMOD automatically perfoms in seconds which previously required the tedious task of manually editing files.', 1057427522, '2.0.5', 'subSilver; subSilver; subSilver', 'english', 0, 1, 0, 1)

Progress :: . Done
Result :: No errors

Installation Confirmed. EasyMOD is installed!
You can now proceed to the Administration Panel and select "Install MODs" under "MOD Center". You may install the included MODs if you desire.

##################
OOOOOpppss....
##################

templates/subSilver/images/easymod.gif (icon w/in: admin_easymod.php) did not get moved properly. Shows as blank Icon. Had to reupload via FTP. Same with emc.gif

##################
Ouuuuchhhh....
##################

Attempt to install "Flags MOD", revealed this message:

-------------------

Warning: mkdir(./mods/Country_Flags-2-2-0/processed) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1804

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1805

Warning: mkdir(./mods/Country_Flags-2-2-0/processed/includes) [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1804

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1805

Warning: mkdir(./mods/Country_Flags-2-2-0/backups) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1832

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1833

Warning: mkdir(./mods/Country_Flags-2-2-0/backups/includes) [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1832

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1833

Questions

Post by Questions » Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:27 pm

ummmmm.....

nuttzy.....it works for me now...!!! :P

thanks for a bad a$$ mod installer.....
and once again...congrats. on your dad job!! :wink:
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:11 pm

AbelaJohnB wrote: The modified files will be written on the server.

The core phpBB files will automatically be replaced by modified files via FTP.
Looks good.
Confirming Modifications
lang_admin.php, looking for: $lang['MOD_control_tag'] = '0.0.9c
Confirmed!

admin_easymod.php, looking for: admin_easymod.php,v 0.0.9c
Confirmed!

mod_install.tpl: verifying existence
Confirmed!
Looks great!
templates/subSilver/images/easymod.gif (icon w/in: admin_easymod.php) did not get moved properly. Shows as blank Icon. Had to reupload via FTP. Same with emc.gif
Strange. Please verify that easymod.gif exists in the mods/EasyMOD dir and emc.gif exists in the mods/EasyMOD/includes dir. It almost looks like these were not uploaded to your server?
Warning: mkdir(./mods/Country_Flags-2-2-0/processed) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [removed]forums/admin/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1804
Hrmmmm... doesn't make any sense that it could create the dirs in the EM dir but not in the CF dir. Please check to make sure the directory permissions are the same on both.

Thanks John, I appreciate your checking it out!

SarcNBit

Post by SarcNBit » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:16 pm

Nuttzy99 wrote:
blueadmin wrote:i don't know, but would it be at all possible to use sessions in the easymod control panel as i find it annoying having to log into each bit. :?:
It does use sessions. Sounds like you have one of those damn cookie problems. Not much I can do for ya.

I think he was referring to having to enter the EM password (not the phpbb logon).

IMO this is a non-issue. How often are you going to be installing MODs and how difficult is it to enter your EM password? Even when testing and retesting an install script last night I found it very unobtrusive.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:17 pm

OMG, is that what he was talking about?? If so then you're right, its a non-issue. Thanks SarcNBit ;)

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:31 pm

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Strange. Please verify that easymod.gif exists in the mods/EasyMOD dir and emc.gif exists in the mods/EasyMOD/includes dir. It almost looks like these were not uploaded to your server?

Yes, they were uploaded. The file size was correct. It's as if they got uploaded in ACSII format, rather than binary. Which, would make them not viewable, due to wrong browser format.... or something like that.
Nuttzy99 wrote:
Hrmmmm... doesn't make any sense that it could create the dirs in the EM dir but not in the CF dir. Please check to make sure the directory permissions are the same on both.

Please explain what you mean by this.

Thanks.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:00 pm

AbelaJohnB wrote: Yes, they were uploaded. The file size was correct. It's as if they got uploaded in ACSII format, rather than binary. Which, would make them not viewable, due to wrong browser format.... or something like that.
Well this is a wierd one. Other files from the includes dir got copied, so I'm not sure what the problem was. Not really a deal breaker if a couple pics don't get moved :P
Nuttzy99 wrote:
Please explain what you mean by this.
Are you on a unix server? If so does the ownership and permissions of the admin/mods/EasyMOD match that of admin/mods/Country_Flags-2-2-0 ? Please report back the permissions.

Thanks,

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:40 pm

Ok, so both the EM folder and the folder of the MOD need to be 777?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”