EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.9c released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Jesse_tyler
Registered User
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:00 pm
Location: Idaho
Contact:

Post by Jesse_tyler » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:30 pm

Ok here it is,
EM installer v0.0.9c wrote: phpBB version: 2.0.5
Working Dir: /home/server7/public_html/44/Jesse_Ty/phpBB2/admin/mods/EasyMOD
Install Step: 2
Mode: debug
The Error wrote: No error.


Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: failed
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
copy access :: failed



Recommendations:
write: server
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write: server
move: ftpa
ftp dir: phpBB2

CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

drwxrwxrwx . 
drwxrwxrwx .. 
−rw−r−−r−− admin_easymod_functions.php 
−rw−r−−r−− easymod.gif 
−rw−r−−r−− easymod_install.php 
−rw−r−−r−− lang_easymod.php 
drwxrwxrwx includes 
drwxrwxrwx processed 
drwxrwxrwx backups 
−rwxrwxrwx post_process.sh 
−rwxrwxrwx post_process.bat 

Testing FTP access...

1) Logged in successfully
2) CD to EasyMOD path successfully
3) wrote to phpBB root successfully

FTP access test :: successful


From Step 3 :P
EM installer v0.0.9c wrote: phpBB version: 2.0.5
Working Dir: /home/server7/public_html/44/Jesse_Ty/phpBB2/admin/mods/EasyMOD
Install Step: 3
Mode: debug
The Error wrote: No error.


Permissions: (including system errors)
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: failed
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
copy access :: failed



Recommendations:
write: server
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write: server
move: ftpa
ftp dir: phpBB2

CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

drwxrwxrwx . 
drwxrwxrwx .. 
−rw−r−−r−− admin_easymod_functions.php 
−rw−r−−r−− easymod.gif 
−rw−r−−r−− easymod_install.php 
−rw−r−−r−− lang_easymod.php 
drwxrwxrwx includes 
drwxrwxrwx processed 
drwxrwxrwx backups 
−rwxrwxrwx post_process.sh 
−rwxrwxrwx post_process.bat 

Testing FTP access...

1) Logged in successfully
2) CD to EasyMOD path successfully
3) wrote to phpBB root successfully

FTP access test :: successful
Last edited by Jesse_tyler on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
espenhh
Registered User
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 8:27 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Post by espenhh » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:33 pm

What an amazing thing, Nuttzy!!! Have tried to use this a long time now, but I haven't got it work well. I manually had to move all the files? (Nothing wrong, just me who is lazy;))? But now, the FTP-thing magically works. This is so great. I love EasyMOD, and now I have got it working, I will start translate it into Norwegian? (, if no one already did it before me)

The whole thing is so amazing! Thousands of lines with code, and everything works like a charm! That's impressing!!! I really look forward to the release of this, and then I would start using it on my real forum.

Will test it more tomorrow, hopefully everything works? But I have some problems; EasyMOD doesn't see mods I upload to the server. I know not all mods works with EasyMOD, but I did hope most of the official mods would work. For example the attachment-mod. I have moved the install-file to the root of the folder (not in the /docs), but it still not work? A bit strange, but I can live with that? Hopefully all new official mods have to work with EM. (EDIT: solved it, and got the attachment-mod installed!!!!!!!! EasyMOD is really good!!!)

Please, Nuttzy, tell me: 1) If you want me to translate the lang-file? 2) What's the requirements (very basic) for a mod to be found by EasyMOD?

And: congratulations with the baby. Funny to be a father?


(To AbelaJohnB: I think the answer is Yes?)


BTW: Why isn't the "Author notes" of the mod included anywhere for the user to read it? Many important things may be written there!!!
ALT du trenger til phpBB - på Norsk!
Besøk phpbb.no:
Image

User avatar
SarcNBit
Registered User
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by SarcNBit » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:40 am

I have had to manually correct the "MOD Author:" line (added a bogus email and real name) of a couple of MODs in order to get them seen by EM.

I also have to remove all file copy operations from the install files and perform them manually which is less than perfect but hardly a major concern for me.

Other than that, EM 0.0.9c has worked very well for me. Now I am just waiting for MOD removal capability (including MODs that are not the most recently installed) 8) That and the rough edges shaken out and anyone wanting to apply a MOD will have it made in the shade and owe Nuttzy a drink (even though we owe you one already) :wink:

User avatar
GPHemsley
Registered User
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:12 am
Location: Long Beach, NY
Name: Gordon Hemsley
Contact:

Post by GPHemsley » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:59 am

SarcNBit wrote: Other than that, EM 0.0.9c has worked very well for me. Now I am just waiting for MOD removal capability (including MODs that are not the most recently installed) 8) That and the rough edges shaken out and anyone wanting to apply a MOD will have it made in the shade and owe Nuttzy a drink (even though we owe you one already) :wink:

There is a little EasyMOD add-on around phpBB.com somewhere... It has its own topic and the author also mentioned it in the 0.0.9 topic.... I'll see if I can find it.. (It shouldn't be too hard ;) ). It has a few bugs with it that I'm gonna report as soon as I find it, but it does the trick for the most part.

EDIT: OK, I found it. Here it is: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=113107 .

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member
Posts: 5674
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2001 11:56 pm

Post by AbelaJohnB » Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:06 am

SarcNBit wrote: I have had to manually correct the "MOD Author:" line (added a bogus email and real name) of a couple of MODs in order to get them seen by EM.


Hey, thanks for mentioning that! I've been trying and trying trying to figure out why a couple wouldn't be viewed by EM.

Seems they do not pick up on the "Primary Author" code:
## MOD Author, Primary: AbelaJohnB <abela@phpbb.com> (John B. Abela) http://www.johnabela.com/

SarcNBit wrote: I also have to remove all file copy operations from the install files and perform them manually which is less than perfect but hardly a major concern for me.


I am also having to totally remove ALL instances of the COPY action from all MOD's. I've tried every variation, including exactly how nuttzy 'flags' MOD has it... but to no avail.

Also, I put my vote in for setting a browser-based session for the 'EasyMOD Password Protection'. ;)

chickeneater
Registered User
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:16 pm

Post by chickeneater » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:17 am

I have trouble installing... I can't get past step 2 when it is cd-ing to the root.

heres what I get in step 1:
Install Info
Select Language :: English
Database type :: mysql
phpBB version :: 2.0.5
EasyMOD version :: 0.0.9c
EM status :: New Install


File Access Info
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: failed
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
copy access :: failed


For support, visit this thread on www.phpbb.com (As of 7/03/2003). No emails, IMs, or PMs please.


and then step 2:
Installing EasyMOD alpha 3 (0.0.9c)
by Nuttzy

Step 2 (of 5): EasyMOD is now confirming your file access settings.

Testing selected write method
Write access method confirmed!
The modified files will be written on the server.

Testing selected move method
Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully
FTP ERROR: could not cd to /home/server7/public_html/31/dvdware/admin/mods/EasyMOD


and my root dir finder code:

Code: Select all

<?php

echo getcwd();

?>
what should I do?

User avatar
GPHemsley
Registered User
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:12 am
Location: Long Beach, NY
Name: Gordon Hemsley
Contact:

Post by GPHemsley » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:48 am

Did you make sure that the EasyMOD files are in

Code: Select all

admin/mods/EasyMOD
? That's case-sensitive, by the way. And exactl what was the point of that extra little bit of code at the bottom of you post? :?

chickeneater
Registered User
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:16 pm

Post by chickeneater » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:53 am

oh... that was the php code to fetch the root dir. just extra info.

chickeneater
Registered User
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:16 pm

Post by chickeneater » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:54 am

oh! it is a linux OS, so I should make it all lowercase?

User avatar
GPHemsley
Registered User
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:12 am
Location: Long Beach, NY
Name: Gordon Hemsley
Contact:

Post by GPHemsley » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:54 am

chickeneater wrote: oh... that was the php code to fetch the root dir. just extra info.

Oh, OK... But did you make sure about the directory?

chickeneater
Registered User
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:16 pm

Post by chickeneater » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:55 am

actually... yes. that is the exact dir that it is in. sorry for wasting a few posts...

User avatar
SarcNBit
Registered User
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by SarcNBit » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:00 am

AbelaJohnB wrote:
SarcNBit wrote:I have had to manually correct the "MOD Author:" line (added a bogus email and real name) of a couple of MODs in order to get them seen by EM.


Hey, thanks for mentioning that! I've been trying and trying trying to figure out why a couple wouldn't be viewed by EM.


No problemo. I am pretty sure it was GPHelmsley that first turned me on to the name requirement, so any credit should go to him :) It was driving me nuts. I rewrote the install for the mycalendar+ mod at least 8 or 9 times trying to figure out why it wouldn't show up, before realizing that more than a single word was required after MOD Author:. 8O

chickeneater
Registered User
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:16 pm

Post by chickeneater » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:29 am

has anybody else had this problem?

User avatar
GPHemsley
Registered User
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:12 am
Location: Long Beach, NY
Name: Gordon Hemsley
Contact:

Post by GPHemsley » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:33 am

SarcNBit wrote: No problemo. I am pretty sure it was GPHelmsley that first turned me on to the name requirement, so any credit should go to him :) It was driving me nuts. I rewrote the install for the mycalendar+ mod at least 8 or 9 times trying to figure out why it wouldn't show up, before realizing that more than a single word was required after MOD Author:. 8O

Hey, no problem. ;) And thanks for giving me the credit. :P :D

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member
Posts: 5674
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2001 11:56 pm

Post by AbelaJohnB » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:53 am

SarcNBit wrote: I rewrote the install for the mycalendar+ mod at least 8 or 9 times trying to figure out why it wouldn't show up, before realizing that more than a single word was required after MOD Author:. 8O



I darn near did the same thing... but figured I'd get a chance to talk with Nuttzy before I went and rewrote a few hundred lines of code :?


Anyway, thanks guys. Most of my problems are solved.

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”