EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.10a released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:39 am

The Other Guy wrote: Okay... I'm using the download and manual load options now... as soon as I finish copying files, I'll tell you how it went. It would still be helpful for other coolfreepages users to find a fix to the other method, especially since, as I have found, it is a great free host...
Man, I'm not around for the weekend and now you start trying random things :P Stop what you are doing. There is no reason why FTP shouldn't work for you. You said you applied the localhost fix. What I need you to do is enable the debug mode and print me everything you get from step 2.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:42 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
NascarFool wrote:
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:There are two template files you need to copy over to the subBleak directory. Both of them start with easymod_ and end in .tpl. IIRC they are in the /admin/ directory.

GP really likes it when people read the docs.

No such files found. I looked in all directories. Thanks for the reply.

Just to make life easy on ya ... here's what you do: (Jelly would write this but he's a busy guy!)

Open your FTP program and connect to your site.
Go to /forum (or phpBB2)/templates/subSilver/admin
copy over the following files to your desktop (or wherever)
mod_complete.tpl
mod_header.tpl
mod_history.tpl
mod_install.tpl
mod_login.tpl
mod_process.tpl
mod_settings.tpl
mod_sql_body.tpl
Change directory to /forum/templates/(your template)/admin
Copy all of those files over to that directory (assuming they are not there now!)
Go to your administration panel and have a look ... should work fine!

Now before I get flamed, maybe all these files arent needed? Maybe there's a better way? Maybe. But this will work ... and YOU didnt respond! lol

Late!
Everything looks right here TD, thanks ;) Nascarfool, any luck?

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:47 am

William R wrote: Hmmmm, Weird because...

This what happens when i do the default settings...
Just seeing red X's and no pictures. What's going on with your problem?

GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:52 am

Nuttzy99 wrote:
William R wrote:Hmmmm, Weird because...

I was wondering what happened to the pictures too.... I saw them when they were first posted, but I forget what their point was. :P :oops:

The Other Guy

Post by The Other Guy » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:56 am

Sorry, Nuttzy, but it's too late! Nyah! I installed EasyMOD (finally) I can still help you find the fix for FTPing, though, since I'm going to put a phpbb on another site once coolfreepages.com accepts new registrants. But for now; I love EasyMOD!!!
Er... yeah.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:57 am

Selven wrote: i've a problem!!

EasyMOD is not in the correct directory to be installed. It must be placed in a admin/mods/EasyMOD off the phpBB root prior to installation.

http://www.zaion.com/public/forum/admin ... nstall.php
I don't understand. I click the link and everything looks fine?

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:03 am

Quietseb wrote: I understand that easyMod is not a validation tool, but since it usually explains why the installation failed... [of course I'd understand this would be a low priority fix, dunno if it's an easy fix]
I'll check it out ;) There definitely needs to be an error message thrown whenever EM says it fails!

Thanks,

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:06 am

AndrewThomas wrote: is there anyway to do this without messing with my DB tables cause im not 100 certian what to do when editing my DB
You could also edit the MODs themselves and change the version number to something else.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:10 am

gamer602 wrote: Working Dir:
Damn! I've seen this once before. For some reason your PHP is not reporting back anything for the cwd (current working dir) commnad. Not sure what to do. I wasn't able to help the other guy either :(

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:15 am

The Other Guy wrote: Sorry, Nuttzy, but it's too late! Nyah! I installed EasyMOD (finally) I can still help you find the fix for FTPing, though, since I'm going to put a phpbb on another site once coolfreepages.com accepts new registrants. But for now; I love EasyMOD!!!
Heh, ok no problem. We'll try again on your next board ;)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:16 am

Sorry gang, I'm sleepy. That's it for support tonight. Night night!

Selven

Post by Selven » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:36 am

Installing EasyMOD alpha 3 (0.0.10a)
by Nuttzy

Step 2 (of 5): EasyMOD is now confirming your file access settings.

Testing selected write method
Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully
FTP ERROR: could not cd to d:/inetpub/webs/zaioncom/public/forum/admin/mods/easymod

i don't understand public directory have chmod 777!

moriturimax

Post by moriturimax » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:55 am

I give up.. followed all the instructions and couldn't get the post processing to take.. kept saying couldn't move ftp files.. then I went and changed permissions until everything was 744, and I mean everything..

now the darn thing won't even run, says I don't have access to it on the browser page... and I tried and tried and tried setting everything..

Forget it.. nada... I ended up not even being able to access the bbs itself after changing permissions.. why is something as simple as adding freking links to a BBS freaking rocket science? Finally got everything where I could access the BBS but easymod still won't run now.. keeps saying forbidden something or other and gives me a server error...

Like the guy above me I even tried 777 myself, figured what the heck.. but it wouldn't take that either.. I get to about step 3 or 4 then BOOM!

This is what I get now when I even try to access the easy_mod.php page

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Testboard2/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

William R

Post by William R » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:19 am

Nuttzy99 wrote:
William R wrote:Hmmmm, Weird because...

:lol:
William R wrote:
Nuttzy99 wrote:
William R wrote:Any ideas?

Recommendations:
write: buffer & ftp
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write: server
move: ftpm
Yes... use the default settings which are also the recommended settings for you. Not sure where you got the idea you should be using "server" as a write method. Buffer & FTP is both the default setting and the recommended setting for the write method. There's no documentation on this so I can't blame you too much. But if someone did this after the docs where written, then a person trying random settings like this would drive me nuts!

Hmmmm, Weird because...

After that process...I get an error

^^ Default settings

write: buffer & ftp
move: automated FTP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other settings error...

After i click the Submit button i get a successful test.

But then i get this error

Code: Select all

Processing Files
Parsing: language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 3777 is not allowed to access /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/processed owned by uid 502 in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1992

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access processed/language in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1993

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1993

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 3777 is not allowed to access /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/processed owned by uid 502 in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1992

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access processed/language/lang_english in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1993

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 1993

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 3777 is not allowed to access /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/backups owned by uid 502 in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 2020

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access backups/language in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 2021

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 2021

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 3777 is not allowed to access /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/backups owned by uid 502 in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 2020

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access backups/language/lang_english in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 2021

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod/admin_easymod_functions.php on line 2021

Error 

Critical Error

Could not open [processed/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php.txt] for writing.

Expanded Debug Info 
(formatted for forum posting)

[quote="EM installer v0.0.10a"]
[b]phpBB version:[/b] 2.0.6
[b]Working Dir:[/b] /data/www/agn_39133/www.aussof.com/html/test/admin/mods/easymod
[b]Install Step:[/b] 3
[b]Mode:[/b] 

[quote="The Error"]
[color=red]Critical Error

Could not open [processed/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php.txt] for writing.[/color]
[/quote]

[b]Permissions:[/b] (including system errors)
[b]read access[/b]       :: [b][color=green]OK[/color][/b]
[b]write access[/b]      :: [b][color=green]OK[/color][/b]
[b]root path write[/b]   :: failed
[b]chmod access[/b]      :: [b][color=green]OK[/color][/b]
[b]unlink access[/b]     :: [b][color=green]OK[/color][/b]
[b]mkdir access[/b]      :: [b][color=green]OK[/color][/b]
[b]tmp path write[/b]    :: failed
[b]FTP extension[/b]     :: [b][color=green]OK[/color][/b]
[b]copy access[/b]       :: failed

[b]Recommendations:[/b]
[b]write:[/b] server
[b]move:[/b] automated FTP

[b]Selected settings:[/b]
[b]write:[/b] server
[b]move:[/b] ftpm
[b]ftp dir:[/b] /html/test

[b]CWD Listing:[/b]
[code]
drwxrwxrwx . 
drwxr−xr−x .. 
−rw−r−xr−x admin_easymod_functions.php 
−rw−r−−r−− easymod_install.php 
−rw−r−−r−− lang_easymod.php 
−rw−r−−r−− easymod.gif 
drwxr−xr−x includes 
−rw−r−−r−− em.JPG 
−rw−r−−r−− em-error.JPG 
−rw−r−−r−− em-error1.JPG 
−rw−r−−r−− em-error2.JPG 
drwxrwxrwx processed 
drwxrwxrwx backups 

Not testing FTP since it is not being used.
[/quote] [/code]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why on the default settings i get a Localhost Connection error? I'm hosted with Ausgamers which is MySQL Admin default port 80.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why on the second settings i tryed and successfully past it but i get a huge error? :(

LLKwerv

Post by LLKwerv » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:53 am

It is odd that you could not connect at all. Usually you would at least get connected before failing on username or cwd'ing or whatever. Did you try reloading the page?
this here be a sig

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”