EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.10a released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Re: installation trouble

Post by Nuttzy99 »

majerror wrote: I had to remove the explicit IP entry for use in PASV connections to get the installation to work...
Could you elaborate on this b/c I really don't know what it means. EM tries to connect to "localhost" and does not specify and IP (not even 127.0.0.1). Please explain both the problem and the solution. I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks,
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!
Fermunky

Post by Fermunky »

Stupid question, you know if this installs board upgrades good? specifically 2.0.5 - 2.0.6?
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Fermunky wrote: Stupid question, you know if this installs board upgrades good? specifically 2.0.5 - 2.0.6?
It all depends on how well the MOD script is written. Personally what I would recommend is to start with a fresh 2.0.6 files, run the upgrade_to_206 of phpBB, install EM, and then install all the MODs you want (assuming you've made whatever touch ups they may need).

I'm not totally comfortable with the idea of relying on that 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 script, but I suppose it should be ok.

pepitonet

Post by pepitonet »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would like to request to all of you guys who have got it working to post any mods that you successfully install or that works at least 80% with EMC
anything besides country flags this should help us all to improve knowledge of the progress of this mod and will reduce the time so we don't have to keep trying with a mod that is already known to fail with the current version..well it was just an idea
mods i tried and didn't work
cash mod,photo in profile hack,shop,moggies mods,

as many of you can read now on the bold part it says didn't work so stop flamming me about saying that i got cash mod to work with EM or whatever else you have said read the whole post before making a comment
<don't know why people do that>
GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

pepitonet wrote: as many of oyu can read npow on the bold part it says didn't work so stop flaming me about saying that i got cash mod to work or whatever else you have said read the whole post befoer making a comment

Wow, wtf are you talking about?
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

pepitonet, I have no idea of why you would say this other than that you are misunderstanding people. Xore is the Author of Cash MOD, so when he (correctly) heard you saying Cash MOD didn't work with EM he was surprised to learn this. He (nor anyone else) was flaming you. I really don't think anyone misunderstood that they were not installed either.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Nuttzy99 wrote: pepitonet, I have no idea of why you would say this other than that you are misunderstanding people. Xore is the Author of Cash MOD, so when he (correctly) heard you saying Cash MOD didn't work with EM he was surprised to learn this. He (nor anyone else) was flaming you. I really don't think anyone misunderstood that they were not installed either.

Darn... you ruin the anger all the time with your nice little posts that end in :cool:

:x :evil:

:lol:
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

If you check out my Cash Mod support thread, i have some info on how to make the 2.0.2 installer CM compatible. i think i got everything, but i could be wrong.

Check it out here
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
pepitonet

Post by pepitonet »

people tarted flamming me and saying that i was spamming laying wyhen isaid i instaled ash mod with EM,cause they misunderstood my earlier post because they didn't read the part that says mods that didn't work with EM...they thought i said that those mod were installed by easy mod so i guess they tried and them pmed me insulting me calling me liar and stuff like that just because they didn't read the whole post
<don't know why people do that>
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Well, I'm sorry to hear there are ignorant people out there. Feel free to pass along your PM's to a moderator if they are really offensive. They will be more than happy to warn the offender(s) as such behavior is unacceptable here.

Thanks,
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

pepitonet wrote: saying that i was spamming laying wyhen isaid i instaled ash mod with EM

They said you were spamming? It's not their business if you are spamming. Ignore any PMs that you get related to anything like that.

EDIT: Well, Nuttzy basically covered it in the post above, but here's my two cents anyway. ;)
Last edited by GPHemsley on Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Xore wrote: Check it out here
I will (eventually) :P

Tyerial

i had too

Post by Tyerial »

I Had To Re install my board but it says easymod is already installed i went to my sql but there is not one thing there about easy mod i dun know how to reinstall it
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Re: i had too

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Tyerial wrote: I Had To Re install my board but it says easymod is already installed i went to my sql but there is not one thing there about easy mod i dun know how to reinstall it
the 4th post of this topic wrote: Version Changer by GPHemsley - if for some reason you need to reinstall the same version of EM, this proggie will let you change the EM version in the config table
:P

-Nuttzy 8)
dooglas

Post by dooglas »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
dooglas wrote:Supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/macinnis2/public_html/board/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 993
What the heck? No one has had this before. This part of the code looks in the admin/mods directory to try to find MODs. Do you have and admin/mods directory? If so, what do you have in there?

Yes I have the admin/mods directory. It is admin/mods/easymod and in it is.. folders backups, includes and processed. The files in the easymod are admin_easymod_functions.php, easymod.gif, easymod_install.php, post_process.bat and post_process.sh. Any help would be great!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”