- MODding's Most Wanted - Round 2 - 20 Jul 2006
- MOD Packaging Policies - 27 Jun 2006
- MODs and phpBB3 - 23 Jun 2006
- Wanted: MOD Validators! - 12 Jun 2006
- Announcing MODX - 11 Apr 2006
- Tools for devs - 03 Apr 2006
- Why submit your MODs to the MOD Database? - 23 Jan 2006
- MODding's Most Wanted - 04 Dec 2005
- Update Your MODs to 2.0.18! - 04 Nov 2005
- Remove ".DS_Store" file from your MOD package - 05 Aug 2005
- New MOD Docs and minor changes to MOD Template - 23 Jul 2005
- Community Input, XML MOD Template - 05 May 2005
- Up to php 4.1.0 now allowed for MODs in the database - 13 March 2005
- MOD Support forum lockdown continued - 23 Feb 2005
- New forum name - 23 Feb 2005
- Nuttzy resigning as team leader - 22 Feb 2005
- MOD Package Policy Change - 24 Jan 2005 [Update: 27 Jun 2006]
- Upgrade Reminder - 05 Jan 2005
- MOD Template policy change, the MOD Author Line - 22 Dec 2004
- About EasyMOD Compliant - 31 Aug 2004
MOD Template Tools
A list of tools which aid in the development of MODs and MOD Template files.
- MOD Studio - support
A development environment for creating MODs.
- MOD Validator
Run your MOD's install script through here to catch MOD Template errors.
Installing your MOD on a fresh phpBB board with EasyMOD will catch 98% of issues that prevent your MOD from installing properly.
- NotePad++ API
An API/plugin for the NotePad++ text editor, that will help you with coding with phpBB functions/classes.
Although a short list at the moment, hopefully it will never the less prove useful to anybody wanting to automate particular aspects of their forum.
- [Function] Insert Post
This function is used to insert a post into your phpbb forums. It handles all the related bits like updating post counts, indexing search words, etc. The post is inserted for a specific user, so you will have to already have a user setup which you want to use with it.
- [Function] insert_pm()
This function creates a Private Message for a user. It updates the users new PM notification, sends an email (if user has checked this option).
- [Function] insert_user()
This is a MOD Tool which is designed to provide an interface which can be used in MOD scripts and for website integration to allow the simple registration of users within your phpBB forum.
- Page ID Extension
This is a script that helps authors assign Page IDs for their MODs
- [Function] convert_id()
The function takes user ids and outputs the username's for those ids.
- [Function] Convert Forum ID
Takes a forum id and returns the name of the forum.
- [Function] set_level()
This function lets you set the uesr level of any user.
- [Function] get_version()
Allows you to get the current version of your MOD from a text file on your website. Useful if you are adding something in your MOD that checks to make sure the person is using the latest version.
- [Functions] confirm_code, confirm_code_submit
These functions are used to display confirm codes and makes sure what the user entered is correct. These are useful if you want to add checks to your MOD to make sure it isn't bots that are doing the actions.
- [Function] Quick_Ban()
Easily ban users by username, email, or IP address.
- [Function] Change_rank()
Lets you easily and quickly change a user's rank.
- [Function] dosync() and move_topic()
Easily move topics and resync forums and topics.
These are some documentations that the users of phpBB have done.
- [DEV] phpBB Database Documentation
This the phpbb database structure.
These are articles that will help you write MODs that follow phpBB standards and can be accepted into the MOD Database.
- MOD Template
This is the Template that all MODs must follow for the MOD's installl instructions.
- MOD Actions
Explains all of the actions that are allowed in the MOD Template.
- MOD Author Line
The MOD Author line described down to the finest detail, including instructions on how to handle multiple MOD authors.
- MOD Version Numbering System
The right ways and wrong ways to set your MOD's version number.
- Making your MOD DBAL Compliant
This topic gives you information on how to make your MOD DBAL compliant.
- How to Validate a MOD
This is what the MOD Team uses to validate MODs. Run your MOD through this before you submit it to the database and your chances of it getting denied will be smaller.
- Insta-Deny™ Checklist
If the MOD contains any of the problems in this article, it will be denied. We won't look for any other problems if we encounter one of these.
- Security Checks and Security Score
This is how a MOD's Security score is calculated.
- Securing MODs
This is basic information on how to make sure your MOD is secure.
- phpBB Template Tutorial
This is a great tutorial on how to use the Template system in phpBB
- How to submit a MOD to MOD database
This is a short guide to how to submit a MOD to phpBB MOD database.
- MODifications FAQ
Some of the more basic questions about MODs.
- phpBB Debug Mode
This will show you how to enable phpBB's Debug Mode, which could help you figure out that pesky error that you can't debug.
- PAGE_ Constants Reservation
Here you can reserve PAGE_ constants so that users can know who visits your MODs' page via the Who is Online page.
- AUTH_ Constants Reservation
If your MOD deals with giving users permissions in the forum, you may need to reserve some AUTH_ constants for yourself.
More helpful reading can be found in our KB category.
MODX Resource Centre
Contains documentation, MOD Template <-> MODX convertors, the MODX XSL file, and lots of other information relating to the new MODX Template. Note that MODX is currently in a trial period and usage is optional, however usage of the current Text MOD Template is required.