About EasyMOD Compliant

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec » Sun May 08, 2005 3:00 pm

the last manual mod install I made was probably on 1.9.9, back when EM was pure crappiness

now, if it doesn't install with EM I don't even consider having it, if it conflicts, I don't consider having it, guess I just got lazy lol

plus installing with EM is in my oppinion the easiest way of finding out if everything is basically correct with the mod you're making :)

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun » Sun May 08, 2005 5:15 pm

Swizec wrote: plus installing with EM is in my oppinion the easiest way of finding out if everything is basically correct with the mod you're making :)

... not to mention making sure you haven't left anything out in your MOD installation instructions. :-) I've written quite a few MODs for folks... writing the MOD is often the easy part. Documenting every change required is more time consuming. Then you have to write everything up. I've (more than once) managed to leave out at least one step. :roll:
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec » Sun May 08, 2005 5:32 pm

drathbun wrote:
Swizec wrote:plus installing with EM is in my oppinion the easiest way of finding out if everything is basically correct with the mod you're making :)

... not to mention making sure you haven't left anything out in your MOD installation instructions. :-) I've written quite a few MODs for folks... writing the MOD is often the easy part. Documenting every change required is more time consuming. Then you have to write everything up. I've (more than once) managed to leave out at least one step. :roll:

I ususally do the .mod files on the fly, but too often it happens that I just forget to update soemthing, or I jsut mess everything up, EM tells me where I did a no no and I love it for that :D

0beron

Post by 0beron » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:44 pm

I've installed several mods that clashed under easyMOD - all you need to do is run easyMOD, which will complain about a particular step. So I go into the code, look at the actions in the mod file and attempt to combine the functions of both mods into that part of the code - usually it's an easy case of a failed find because of a slight modification from an earlier MOD. Then in the mod file I delete that action cos it is now done and EasyMOD can proceed. It may complain about other actions which are dealt with in the same way. At the end, I have fixed all the clashes, and Eas MOD has made all the non-clashing changes for me which speeds up the process a lot. I then end up (as long as I've got the clashes sorted correctly) with both mods running quite happily at once. Of course there can sometimes be odd side effects, but that's the risk you run when combining too many mods.

mojdo13

Post by mojdo13 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:20 am

where I can find easy mod?

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:01 am

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:51 pm

drathbun wrote:
Swizec wrote:plus installing with EM is in my oppinion the easiest way of finding out if everything is basically correct with the mod you're making :)

How much truth there is into your sentence, drathbun. :wink:
Lot of months passed since i wrote in this topic and lot of code i wrote, read, understand..
Probably what i'm writing now will be not at all agreed by somebody but i suggest (as i did) to manually do MODs in order to learn php/phpBB (if you want it) and/or use EasyMod only with approved ones (MODDB)..
I don't like a 'machine' to tell me what a do, i like to use my brain instead (i'm assuming it is better.. lol).
Until someone will give me the proof an AI works better and fast (fast is related..) than a normal brain i'll keep persisting on this way.. 8)
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:03 pm

This is NOT an EM support or discussion thread. Locked.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”