Why submit your MODs to the MOD Database?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
cbrain

Post by cbrain »

I did test it on my own forum and it seemed to work fine. :D
A. Djabri

Post by A. Djabri »

Hi evrybody,

As far as I'm concerned, I'm a bigginer in Mod Making, I'll try to reorganize my contributions to meet the standards and then submit them to the MOD Database.
» I have translated many mods into french and I'll try to post them too in the futur.
» I would like to inform the Berber (amazigh) communities that I'm translating phpBB2 into our language. Help is nee........ded. phpBB exists in "all" languages but berber.

Thanks.
Thanks for phpBB.com and for all mod makers especially ptirhiik...
cactus2clouds

Post by cactus2clouds »

I agree that Josh's MOD is very significant, and the evaluation process needs to go faster for this specific idea. If used properly, it's practically unbreakable by spambots. The trick is to use photos that have no group similarities that a computer program could use to categorize the photos (e.g. RGB and HSB values, contrast, brightness, etc.).
DejanPP

Post by DejanPP »

I am first time here, 2 days ago first time downloaded PHPBB2 and now doing some modifications. I am experienced programmer and but not experienced with .php and .mysql. Who care ... all of that is same, sql is sql and .php is not problem (because I am very good with .asp and html standard).

My modification is quite usefull (for me at least) but ... why shall not be uploaded ?

Because I am not totaly sure where need to modify all needed and I doing that quite simple for me, removing unnecesary code and adding aditional code. Without very good documentation this is usual for many people, so, in order to become MOD here need two stufs :

- help from PHP team members in order to made that better and to avoid unnecesary code removing.
- help from less experienced users to made documentation (I am not lazy, point is that someone who didn't have my idea in the head need to understand that). Also, those less experienced users can learn a lot because will have my help.

Examlple : I removing forum registration, forum email and password change and will made remote administration from another web site. Other details, like home page or icq number users can modify on this web site. In order to do that I had to modify :

./register.php
and to do redirect for option "register"

for EACH template
./profile_add_body.tpl
and to remove emai/password modification

all other is new code, new .php page which receiving instruction from one IP address only, basic sql operations etc ...

Point of this mine post is :

Maybe good idea shall be to made working groups : I doing some modification, making one topic and explain what I will do. Other members can join group and help, more experienced with advice, less experienced with testing, doc, etc ...
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

@ DejanPP

General MODs infos: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/

Documentation: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/list_articles.php?category_id=7
- help from PHP team members in order to made that better and to avoid unnecesary code removing.

You could use this forum: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=35 in order to get help in coding
- help from less experienced users to made documentation (I am not lazy, point is that someone who didn't have my idea in the head need to understand that). Also, those less experienced users can learn a lot because will have my help.

You could open a DEV Topic where to explain what you're bound to do, there you could also ask people to join your project and so on. This is the right forum where to do that: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=16 .. please read the announcements/stickies over there for rules and regulations.

good luck :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
VISIBLETHUNDER

Re: Why submit your MODs to the MOD Database?

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER »

I would love to benefit from the advantages of submiting a Mod only,

I cant find how to submit a Mod

Also i cant use the mEAL validation tool as apparently its an Ex-Parrot

and the online validator keeps telling me there is a syntax error in the Mod Author section

Here it is as submitted for validation
## MOD Author: visiblethunder < [email protected] > (Neil Ogden) http://threesixes.co.uk

as far as i can tell this is no different than any of the mods that have passed validation

Can someone please help
TS Gallery related FAQs, DOWNLOADS and LANG PACKS can be found @ the TS MOD PREVIEW BOARD

Because Version 3 is taking longer than anticipated, I have uploaded a few temporary tools/add-ons to the preview board.
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Still ironing out some bugs in the new website, everything should be back to working as soon as possible.
Systems Engineering
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER »

Ah, Thanks for the Heads up.

I'll hang fire for a while before trying to submit again
TS Gallery related FAQs, DOWNLOADS and LANG PACKS can be found @ the TS MOD PREVIEW BOARD

Because Version 3 is taking longer than anticipated, I have uploaded a few temporary tools/add-ons to the preview board.
msr2

Post by msr2 »

Without the Mod database working, I think the question is more, HOW to submit our mods to the mod database?
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

Patience is a virtue. ;)
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

msr2 wrote: Without the Mod database working, I think the question is more, HOW to submit our mods to the mod database?

You don't. Not yet, as the MODDB isn't up yet. As per Fountain of Apples, please be patient. We are working as hard as we can to get the MODDB up again. In the interim, it wouldn't hurt to check your own MOD further before actually submitting it, when the time comes. You could even work on another one (if applicable).
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER »

I know this probably isn't the right topic for this but I still need help submitting my MOD and I am pulling teeth trying to find anything relevant using the search button

The Problem is that the MOD Validator keeps saying
[ WARNING ] Included Files in header does not equal filed copied over in MOD

even though I haven't included any files or written anything that implies i am,

Looking at other MODs i'm pretty sure I have typed the right header info I.E.
## Included Files: (n/a)

but I still get the error

Can anyone help?

3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Please open a new Topic for this, thanks. :)
VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER »

New Topic Created, Sorry but the last time i tried it said i wasn't allowed to start new topics.
I'm guessing the new site has a few kinks to work out.
Last edited by VISIBLETHUNDER on Fri May 04, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”