TEXT-based (Standard) format
- Single text file: this can be uploaded directely in .mod extension or archived in .zip extension
- Multiple files: According to the nature of the included files, they will be separated in to four folders: root, contrib, upgrades, translations. You may create more folders/sub-folders to hold your files if needed. You do not need to create these folders (or files) if you don't have them.
- Installation file is placed in the the Root directory, i.e. not within any sub-folders
- The Directory `/root` will hold all the included files, e.g. *.php, *.tpl, *.js, *.css.
- The Directory `/contrib` folder will hold your upgrade files, screenshots and additional documentations.
- The Directory `/translations` folder will contain your MOD MODX/TEXT install files for languages other than English
- The Directory `/templates` folder will contain your MOD install files for templates other than the standard phpBB template, subSilver
MODX (XML) format
There is a detailed guide for packaging of your MODX MODification, available here. Please refer to the guide for more information.
We will not deny your MOD if this is the only problem we found in your submitted MOD. However, we will repack the MOD for you and approve the repacked version. Please remember to use the above suggested structure in the future submissions.