MODding's Most Wanted - Round 2

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
User avatar
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Posts: 3758
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:30 am
Location: San Mateo, CA
Name: Douglas Bell
Contact:

Post by webmacster87 »

@eviL<3: Those aren't dev topics here at phpBB.com (including the KB one you PM'ed me about). We'd like to see these projects be "adopted", if you will, by MOD authors here so that they will eventually find their way into the MOD Database.

@Carbofos: I think I missed that when I was going through the MODs in Development forum cause I thought it was something else. If you would like to rework it and redo it so that it matches the specifications of the Warnings/Ban Manager project, that's fine, or (since it looks like it has additional features as well), you can submit it as-is. We do accept multiple MODs with the same functionality, so long as they aren't carbon copies of each other (see Quick Reply).

@dextro: I think that's like the Syndication MOD.

Also, I've updated the first topic with the links I've gotten so far.
User avatar
igorw
Former Team Member
Posts: 8024
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
User avatar
DeViAnThans3
Registered User
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect
Prince of phpbb
Registered User
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:29 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Prince of phpbb »

hmm I think I'm kinda in a mess now .. I started working on Custom Profile Fields MOD last month (and have made quite a progress with it) and I'm still working on the MOD http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=404021

I've just noticed there is someone else working on this MOD .. :? As it is clear from my screen shots I have done most of the ACP coding and I was just brushing up code for my first Alpha release .. What can MOD Team suggest in this case?

EDIT: I do accept my mistake that I didnt notify anyone when I started work on this MOD, my reason was I'll wait till I've released Alpha .. :?
wGEric
Former Team Member
Posts: 8805
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:01 am
Location: Friday
Name: Eric Faerber
Contact:

Post by wGEric »

Prince of phpbb wrote: hmm I think I'm kinda in a mess now .. I started working on Custom Profile Fields MOD last month (and have made quite a progress with it) and I'm still working on the MOD http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=404021

I've just noticed there is someone else working on this MOD .. :? As it is clear from my screen shots I have done most of the ACP coding and I was just brushing up code for my first Alpha release .. What can MOD Team suggest in this case?

EDIT: I do accept my mistake that I didnt notify anyone when I started work on this MOD, my reason was I'll wait till I've released Alpha .. :?

No no no, your fine! You didn't have to notify anyone. This is a little contest/way for MOD authors to find good ideas for MODs. More than one person can work on a project. You'll be added to the list as one of the active developers for that project. Thanks!
Eric
User avatar
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Posts: 3758
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:30 am
Location: San Mateo, CA
Name: Douglas Bell
Contact:

Post by webmacster87 »

Yeah. Strange how the MOD Search tool missed you when I was searching for duplicates.

Anyhow, I've added your MOD as an official MMW project. If you want, you and Noobarmy could work together on the project, or go your own separate ways; up to you guys. As has been stated, we'll accept both MODs. ;)
pierro78
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:09 am
Contact:

Post by pierro78 »

eviL<3 wrote: Rate topics: http://www.nivisec.com/phpbb.php?l=p

I also see an (abandonned) "Rating system mod v1.1.0" : http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46456 , are these 2 mods the same ??
User avatar
igorw
Former Team Member
Posts: 8024
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

pierro78 wrote: I also see an (abandonned) "Rating system mod v1.1.0" : http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46456 , are these 2 mods the same ??


It doesn't seem so. It's a differen't author. But there's a Topic Rating system being made by drathbun at the moment. :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
User avatar
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Posts: 3758
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:30 am
Location: San Mateo, CA
Name: Douglas Bell
Contact:

Post by webmacster87 »

If it's abandoned, we still list it as a MOD that needs doing because it hasn't been completed yet, nor is it being worked on.
-SV-
Registered User
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:41 am

Post by -SV- »

Sev07
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:14 am
Location: Canada, SK, Saskatoon

Post by Sev07 »

They forgot the Custom Modules on the forum Index for quick access to topics and important announcements...

With all these new sub forum features; I think it would be nice to immediately jump to the topic insted of navigating through a bunch of forums.

Agreed?

Moderator Edit: Removed use of the color BBCode. There is no need to use it.
User avatar
igorw
Former Team Member
Posts: 8024
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Sev07: What do you mean excactly? Explain please :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
User avatar
drathbun
Former Team Member
Posts: 12204
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:51 pm
Location: TOPICS_TABLE
Contact:

Post by drathbun »

Since they mentioned sub-forums they're likely talking about phpBB3 aka Olympus, which is not a consideration for MMW2. :-) Except for these MODs where there was a request for an upgrade path...
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
Image
User avatar
RATT
Registered User
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:27 am

Post by RATT »

Id love to see a mod made that logs other admins actions in the ACP since the jr mod is no longer supported and has security issues.I would also like mod authors to take in consideration the consequences of the find, replace with scenerio that ruins chances of using other mods in the future,since it replaces certain coding that even the simplest of mods may look for and not be able to use those mods from the coding being replaced by other mods.I find that mods that work solely on their own work best, such as those that have their own files instead of replacing existing ones.
I know it may be easier to just add or replace certain code lines but in the same sense if the mod has its own files that are already modified and only require that the modded files be added to the pre-existing ones and possibly only require adding language coding then you wont have modded pre-existing files that wont work with the simplest of mods that only require minimal coding thats only added to pre-existing coding.
There are alot of mods that require a user to upload and overwrite files that already exists such as the profile body or index page and if you already have those modified suggest to the user to either disregard the already modified board they have and use the new mod they want or continue to use the modified board they have and disregard the new mod they want added to their board.
User avatar
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Posts: 3758
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:30 am
Location: San Mateo, CA
Name: Douglas Bell
Contact:

Post by webmacster87 »

RATT wrote: Id love to see a mod made that logs other admins actions in the ACP since the jr mod is no longer supported and has security issues.I would also like mod authors to take in consideration the consequences of the find, replace with scenerio that ruins chances of using other mods in the future,since it replaces certain coding that even the simplest of mods may look for and not be able to use those mods from the coding being replaced by other mods.I find that mods that work solely on their own work best, such as those that have their own files instead of replacing existing ones.
I know it may be easier to just add or replace certain code lines but in the same sense if the mod has its own files that are already modified and only require that the modded files be added to the pre-existing ones and possibly only require adding language coding then you wont have modded pre-existing files that wont work with the simplest of mods that only require minimal coding thats only added to pre-existing coding.
There are alot of mods that require a user to upload and overwrite files that already exists such as the profile body or index page and if you already have those modified suggest to the user to either disregard the already modified board they have and use the new mod they want or continue to use the modified board they have and disregard the new mod they want added to their board.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the MODs that we have in the MOD Database. Only very very very very very very rarely do we allow a MOD to overwrite an existing file, which would be if the changed file is so dramatically different it would make no sense to manually MOD it.
Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”