Need to find some code about cookies in phpBB 2.0.2

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Sonic_SG

Need to find some code about cookies in phpBB 2.0.2

Post by Sonic_SG » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:37 pm

Hi !
I'm posting here because i think it's the best place for my request, but if it isn't, please don't blame me... ;)

Here is my problem : I've opened a board which contains several forums. Some of these forums will soon have to be accessible from direct links (from a friend of mine's web site), but there is a problem with autologin.
It seems that autologin only works fine when you go to the ./index.php page. When you go directly to a section (ie ./viewforum?f=3), the forum doesn't seem to log you in.

I have thought to a way to circumvent this problem : I can do links to an intermediate web page which will read the forum's cookie, log the user in, the will redirect where it should have gone originally

I searched in phpBB sources to find how to read the cookie, but I didn't even find in which file this part of code was written :(

So if someone can help me, that would be great :) !
Thanks in advance !

NLIS

Post by NLIS » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:40 pm

What you have posted their seems more of a bug than a hack problem.

but if you do that, the best way to do it is adding a forwarding command from the index page, but this then can stop the visitors from viewing the main forum.

I havn't had a problem with any cookies, but a suggestion here (may take a bit of php knowledge), is create 2 phpbb's, shame most of the data base, but make it so it has different catorgory databases, but same users posts etc... and then just make it so on 1 phpbb, the catorgorys show fine, but on the other one the only the catorgorys which need to be showed will show.

I would look at doing it that way, but try messing around with cookies if not, but what you said first seems like a bug more than a problem with coding.

Sonic_SG

Post by Sonic_SG » Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:01 pm

Well, I have some precisions.

In fact, the autologin works very fine, even when you go directly to a forum (or even to a topic, a PM, etc...)
The real problem is that he's using frames in his site : a menu in the left panel opens the desired forum in the main frame (on the right).

I think the problem is that the frame is placed on another web site than the forum, and there must be a conflict between cookies :? The forum's page must be looking for a userid in the wrong cookie, in fact...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”